At Jacobs, we’re not just building structures, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world.
We're looking for a Junior Telecommunications Design Engineer for our Philippine office. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on Mission critical, Healthcare, Federal, and Industrial buildings where you will play a role in the entire design process including but not limited to preliminary assessments, concept creation, design, problem resolution, drawing and specification production. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for well-known clients around the world. You’ll be accountable for providing technical design of systems for building projects including security, telecommunications, electronic security, audio-visual systems, horizontal cabling, intra/inter design backbone, and related technologies. You’ll also prepare engineering drawings, specifications, reports, review technical documents.
Bring your attention to detail and drive for success, and we’ll help you pursue your goals – so we can tackle challenging projects, together.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and work under tight deadlines, while maintaining high quality standards.
- Prepare drawings and specification detailing the Communications Systems design.
- Prepare inspection and design reports and presentation materials.
- Establish project design standards and requirements as applicable for each project
- Supervise junior and CAD staff to maintain quality and technical content through the life of each project
- Participate in internal and external meetings and document discussions
- Gather information, interview stakeholders, makes studies, performs calculations, and prepare original rough layouts and sketches as required
- Perform routine and high-level tasks under minimal supervision using well-defined standards, procedures and codes.
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects,
- Perform product research; assist project designers and project architects with materials selection and system research.
- Design new communications systems or modification to existing communications systems to develop or improve them.
Here's What You'll Need:
Preferably Bachelor of Science in Architecture or Engineering discipline from an accredited school or equivalent experience.
- Credentials as a Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience actively designing low voltage and communications systems for buildings
- Knowledge of the federal Unified Facilities Codes (UFCs) and DoD regulations
- Familiarity and demonstrated knowledge of ANSI/TIA and BICSI standards
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way, both in person and in writing
- Basic knowledge of building systems.
- Self-motivated personality with the ability to work collaboratively and independently as appropriate in studio environment
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team environment
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines
- Proficiency in REVIT, AutoCAD and MicroStation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel is preferred
- Previous DoD experience, basic competency with Federal energy standards, Unified Facility Criteria (UFC) and other Government requirements is preferred
- Experience in telecommunications, security, and audiovisual systems design is preferred
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.