Sr. Network Qualification Lab Optics Sourcing Engineer
- Posted 17 May 2023
- LocationTaiwan ROC
- Job type Permanent
- Reference 1552369
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Leadership Development Program
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
The Capacity Supply Chain and Provisioning (CSCP) group is an exciting and fast evolving group within Microsoft whose vision is to empower customers to achieve more by delivering cloud capacity differentiated at scale. The organization is responsible for planning, delivery and provision of all data centers globally powering Microsoft cloud properties. CSCP supports over 200 online businesses including Bing, O365, OneDrive, Xbox and Windows Azure branded services. Cloud Sourcing and Supply Chain (CSSC) organization within CSCP manages sourcing and supply of IT hardware for the data centers. Well-defined and executed sourcing and supply chain management ensures reliable on-time performance, optimized cost, prevents urgent and unplanned investments, and provides accurate and timely information across the supply base and internally across the infrastructure organization. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide.
We are looking for a passionate, high energy supply chain professional to help build create sustainable advantage through supply chain. The role of Sr. Network Qualification Lab Optics Sourcing Engineer will be focusing on key areas:
• Validate components of our selection (20%)
• Operate the qualification lab tasks and deliver component performance results (50%)
• Use the insight obtained from above to provide insights of manufacturing enabling, quality and reliability risks (30%) Meanwhile, s/he needs to provide thought leadership and drive strategic initiatives with internal stakeholders and suppliers to support cloud supply chain overall objectives and strategies
• Operation of evaluation of different optics subsystem concepts and prototypes.
• Design and execution of verification tests for sub-system components and modules.
• Inputs for innovation and optimization of optical hardware sub-system concepts to maximize the system-level performance.
• Review of supplier qualification, quality and reliability reports and provide inputs.
• Partnering with internal project stakeholders.
• Partnering and technical steering of external stakeholders such as subcontractors and subsystem suppliers.
• Provide technical inputs to business sourcing manager for business strategies.
• In depth understanding of transceiver module, being able to take the lead on hardware, firmware, simulation discussions.
• Able to translate standard bodies spec into test scope and development the test methodology.
• Hands on experience with eletro-optical design and able to identify trade offs and how it shows on performance results.
• Ability to review supplier qualification and reliability reports and read between the lines for design and production risks.
• Understanding of optics module of design for manufacturing, and experience to provide insights of a design that can scale Major experience:
• 5+ years experiences in optics module development
• Proven track record in optical design or optical development work
• Extensive experience in leading cross functional teams
• Cloud / high tech supply chain experience is a plus