Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
AWS Industry Products is a new AWS engineering organization chartered to build new AWS products by applying Amazon’s innovation mechanisms along with AWS digital technologies to real world industry problems. We dive deep with industry leaders to solve problems and unblock industries, enabling them to capitalize on new digital business models. Simply put, our goal is to use the skill and scale of AWS to make the benefits of a connected world achievable for all businesses.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager obsessed with customer success, passionate about simplification and design-thinking and excited to dive deep into the growth opportunity of delivering new product categories to new customer types in an emerging technology space.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be the leader for an engineering team that designs, develops, tests, and deploys new customer facing technology products. You will work closely with other engineering leaders to develop new features and solutions that solve broader industry challenges. Some of the things you will get to do:
- Solve some of the most challenging problems in the sustainability industry
- Lead an engineering team in the design, development, and deployment of new AWS services
- Mentor and grow your engineering team
- Collaborate with other AWS Service teams and customer engineering leads
- Work hard, Play hard, and Make History
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or industry equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interactive applications
- Technical credentials, with at least 3 years of experience managing software development teams, ideally with some hands-on architectural, solutions-based or modular systems experience
- MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Knowledge of the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java, Python, C/C++)
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects · Experience delivering internet of things, machine learning, or analytics software at scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experience building frameworks for creating complex applications with simplified tools
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and assess the business impact of architectural decisions