Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
- Are you interested in building solutions on AWS cloud utilizing IoT data?
- Do you want to be part of the first AWS Software Development Engineering team in New Zealand?
- Are you ready to think big, have fun and make history?
AWS and Vector are developing a new data ingestion, transformation, storage and analytics solution that has the potential to transform the industry all while having a positive impact on the environment. This is big news for AWS, big news for the industry, big news for the environment... Is it big news for you and your career?
This is exciting! This is the first SDE team in New Zealand and your chance to be a part of something special. Not only will you work in partnership with a local customer, you will also have the chance to be part of a worldwide AWS organization building brand new services for smart energy. That’s not all! You will be working to deliver a customer outcome and solution with endless possibility.
We have multiple opportunities for experienced Software Development Engineers who are obsessed with customer success, passionate about simplification and design-thinking, and excited about building industry leading, next generation IoT and analytics systems on the AWS cloud. You will be part of a new team that architects, designs, and implements this new solution that will help deliver more affordable, reliable, and cleaner energy options to consumers.
We’re looking for people who will be hands on building massive scale, highly available, low latency software services, mentoring other engineers and displaying end-to-end ownership. You need to not only be a software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape the future of AWS engineering here in New Zealand and reach the world!
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
Keen to know more? https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/industries/vector-and-aws-join-forces-to-accelerate-the-future-of-energy/
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems