As a Scrum Master, you are responsible for contributing to successful internal programs/projects as measured by schedule, budget , quality of deliverables and stakeholder satisfaction. You will contribute to initiating, estimating, planning, executing, and deploying projects of moderate size/complexity. You will communicate status with regular frequency, monitors risks, issues, and financial performance according to agreements made to stakeholders.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day, you will:
- Develop, implement, and maintain a detailed project/program work plan on projects/programs of moderate-to-large size and/or complexity; include appropriate controls, governance structures and monitoring to ensure on-time, on-budget and quality outcomes
- Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks; propose and implement adjustments as necessary
- Coordinate members of different invested teams and work groups to deliver required results
- Monitor, report, and respond to issues and risks associated with the project/program
- Identify stakeholders, and develop stakeholders relationships to achieve mutual goals
- Develop and implement change management and change enablement processes throughout project duration
- Engage and partner with appropriate onshore, offshore and near shore workforces, including Service Licensing Agreements (SLAs)
- Contribute to active development of best practices, template development, and continuous improvement initiatives
Key Role Skill &Capability Requirements:
- Your technical and non-technical skills may include:
- Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically and logically
- Basic understanding of contract terms and interpretation
- Proven skills in customer expectations management
- Working knowledge of project/product management methods, tools, techniques
- Working knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Project and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Working knowledge of Earned Value reporting
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Results oriented / self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment
- Good client interface and presentation skills
- Business acumen
- Time management skills
- Customer oriented attitude and good interpersonal skills
Project/Program Management Institute (PMI) CAPM certification preferred, but not required; Scrum and ITIL Foundation certifications also valued
Preferred Education Background:
You will likely possess a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in business or technology-related field, as best fits position
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You will likely have 4+ years of project management experience
Scope of Work:
Nature of Work:
Executes project/program plans and processes in alignment with established operational objectives.
Scope of Work: Work must be coordinated across different workstreams, processes, or projects.
Complexity: Complex problems that can span across work domains requiring considerable judgement of contextual factors.
Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work within established work plans.
Organizational Impact: Work efforts have an immediate impact on Avanade and/or client operations. If client-facing, should start to support client relationship and sales outcomes.
Supervision Received: Works under general guidance and direction, but fully independent in own work with latitude for autonomous decision-making related to work process.
Supervision Provided: Supports more junior colleagues on work efforts, with routine supervision of work efforts. May serve as Career Advisor.
Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of a learned occupation / discipline and basic knowledge of business operations.
Accountabilities & Metrics:
- Annual goal plan and training targets
- Successful project delivery
- Internal customer satisfaction
- Program/project metrics
- Issue resolution
Details: For ITS:
The global nature of ITS implies multiple offices, distributed resources, various geographies, or time zones, along with the participation of multi-cultural teams. Most projects and sustaining work involve the participation of highly distributed teams and subsequently may require non-standard hours for meetings times. Specific background / experience / work responsibilities will vary by position as determined by position focus (e.g., security vs. networking).
What we offer you
Come for the distinctive experiences you have helping forward-thinking corporations, non-profits, and governments push the boundaries of digital innovation. Stay for the limitless learning opportunities that encourage you to master Microsoft and pursue big ideas. Enjoy ambitious growth for yourself as part of Avanade’s people-first culture with benefits like employee share purchasing, flexible work arrangements, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and competitive pay.