- Posted 04 December 2022
- Job type Permanent
Paid Parental Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
Leadership Development Program
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
As a Group Manager, Program/Project Management, you will lead large and complex project teams and/or programs and will be accountable for the overall management, planning, and delivery of assigned projects/programs. This role will be responsible for the successful delivery of the services and corresponding customer satisfaction. Additionally, you will be directly involved in channel development and key sales pursuits. You may also serve as a Career Manager or provide technical expertise and mentorship to colleagues.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day you will:
- Lead the delivery of the contracted solution on the program level at the agreed upon terms, original deal economics, schedule, and quality level
- Manage overall project/program risks, making adjustments as necessary and obtaining buy-in from senior management for critical project plans, commitment and changes
- Oversee and lead development, implementation and maintenance of the Project Work Plan, including approval for the project's estimated schedule, effort, and cost- Manage accurate development and traceability of requirements during project lifecycle
- Provide strategic direction to all change management activities for project or programs
- As appropriate, support clients managing their change enablement processes to drive business value- Ensure understanding of stakeholder goals and expectations, addresses misalignments, monitors the program to meet/exceed the agreed expectations and communicates back to customer
- Provide project leadership to appropriate onshore, offshore and near shore workforces
- Mentor and develop team members and peers. Provide oversight to management of relationships with project or program suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop strategy for control and governance structures to ensure desired outcomes across projects.
- Coordinate service levels and agreements, and prioritize resources across projects and programs.
- Manage delivery portfolio - monitoring, escalating, and resolving delivery issues internally
- Participate in sales pursuits driving the solution planning and deal shaping process that will help drive business value for our customers
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically and logically
- Good understanding of contract terms and interpretation- Demonstrated understanding of key Project/Program Management disciplines (estimating, work planning, contract management, scope management, user acceptance, etc.)
- Experience in customer expectations management
- Demonstrated experience employing project management methods, tools, techniques
- Working knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Project and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Good knowledge of Earned Value reporting Other skills and knowledge: - Clear and concise oral and written communication- Negotiation skills- Results oriented / self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment- Good client interface and presentation skills- Good business acumen- Time management skills- Customer oriented
This field is reserved for any additional details that may not be globally relevant and consistently vary on a position-by-position basis.
What we offer you
Come for the distinctive experiences you have helping forward-thinking corporations, non-profits, and governments push the boundaries of digital innovation. Stay for the limitless learning opportunities that encourage you to master Microsoft and pursue big ideas. Enjoy ambitious growth for yourself as part of Avanade’s people-first culture with benefits like employee share purchasing, flexible work arrangements, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and competitive pay.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital, cloud and advisory services, industry solutions and design-led experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem. Every day, our 59,000 professionals in 26 countries make a genuine human impact for our clients, their employees and their customers.
We have been recognized as Microsoft’s Global SI Partner of the Year more than any other company. With the most Microsoft certifications (60,000+) and 18 (out of 18) Gold-level Microsoft competencies, we are uniquely positioned to help businesses grow and solve their toughest challenges.
We are a people first company, committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees feel comfortable being their authentic selves. As a responsible business, we are building a sustainable world and helping young people from underrepresented communities fulfil their potential.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more atwww.avanade.com.