Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Leadership Development Program
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
What You'll Do
You will join Cisco’s Regulatory Affairs team as the primary attorney for regulatory matters across Cisco’s business in the Asia-Pacific region. You will advise and lead on developing and existing regulations in the region, closely partnering with your colleagues on the Regulatory Affairs team and across Cisco Legal, as well as Government Affairs, Supply Chain, Engineering, Sales, and Corporate Affairs.
You are a detail-oriented, agile, and curious attorney with demonstrated experience advising businesses in local regulatory and policy areas including sustainability, telecommunications, human rights, cyber, among others. You are a positive, engaged, and adaptable colleague who is passionate about your clients and their business. You possess excellent social, communication and drafting skills, and you can synthesize complex issues and influence and lead across functions (both legal and non-legal). You have sharp business focus and are dedicated, highly collaborative, and pragmatic.
You are adaptable and a self-starter. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, team environment and demonstrate the ability to successfully handle frequent changes in priorities, deadlines, workload, and conflicting laws. You are not afraid of complexity and are intent on offering simple, elegant solutions.
But more important than all of that, you are an amazing colleague who is eager to join a fun and dynamic team. You appreciate your teammates, you don’t take yourself too seriously, and you are deeply committed to sustaining a welcoming and inclusive team.
We can’t wait for you to join us.
How You’ll Contribute
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
* Act as the regional expert and resource across a range of regulatory issues, including sustainability, telecommunications, human rights, cyber, trade, and accessibility, with a particular focus on how they impact our business in the Asia-Pacific region in partnership with others on the Regulatory Affairs team.
* Counsel your legal colleagues, product engineering, go-to-market teams, and other business teams on regional regulations.
* Assist with responses to regulatory inquiries and investigations.
* Develop and implement Cisco’s strategy with respect to new laws and regulations and Cisco’s commitments related to them.
* Advance Cisco’s commitment to developing sustainable, scalable, and ethical approaches to complex business issues.
* Support Cisco’s regional Government Affairs leads on their work related to emerging regulatory trends and frameworks that impact Cisco’s business.
* Law degree (J.D. or non-U.S. equivalent), with excellent academic credentials. You are a licensed attorney in good standing in one or more jurisdictions where Cisco does business in the Asia-Pacific region.
* 7+ years of relevant legal, in-house, and/or law firm experience. Prior in-house experience with a public company is preferred, but we will consider a candidate with demonstrated experience working with technology companies on regulatory matters.
* Substantive legal experience and knowledge in regulatory matters involving at least some of the following areas: environmental, sustainability, human rights, ESG, trade, cyber, accessibility, and/or telecommunications.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Legal is a community of over 450 professionals committed to driving Cisco’s success and maintaining a fun, diverse and collaborative working environment. We think of ourselves as leaders within the company, leveraging a customer-centric, transparent, and agile approach to helping Cisco continuously evolve its business and lead the industry. We are based in more than 25 countries, supporting each other as one team and proud of the many ways we give back to our communities.
You will be joining Cisco Legal’s Regulatory Affairs team, and you will report to our VP for Market Access. The Regulatory Affairs team is comprised of lawyers, operational specialists, program managers, engineers, and subject matter experts focused on topics ranging including data and privacy, global trade, environmental compliance, sustainability, telecommunications, and human rights. The team’s charter is aligned with influencing, interpreting, and implementing evolving and existing regulations that impact Cisco’s business. As a result, you will partner with your colleagues in Legal and numerous other functions across the company to have an immediate impact with your analytic rigor, business judgment, and ability to get things done.
We are all deeply committed to sustaining a work environment where all of us can thrive. We don't just accept difference; it's one of our key values. We listen to each other’s opinions. We know that diverse teams are the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
We think you’re going to love it here.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
Some may think of Cisco as "old" (38 years strong) and focused on hardware. But catch this: We are one of the top 5 software and cloud companies in the world. We’re also a network and cloud security company. And an AI/Machine Learning company. And we’ve invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.