- Posted 23 October 2023
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a world leader in cloud services, operating large-scale, high-density centers across the globe. We are expanding our technician teams within the Singapore regions and have openings for Installation Technicians. This is an entry level position and a unique opportunity to work in some of the most innovative and fast paced data centers in the world.
The Infrastructure Delivery team is responsible for the scaling and physical deployment of new data center infrastructure. As part of that team, the Installation Technician will be primarily tasked with installing cabling and new racks within the data centers. The candidate should be a self-starter, highly motivated individual with a willingness to learn and up skill. The candidate must be able to perform repetitive tasks and adhere to standard processes and best practices. Candidates will be working in a team environment and must be able to communicate and promote cross-team functionality.
This position has a physical component and may require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations.
Key job responsibilities
Responsibilities : Late Binding
· Adhere to security and safety best practices in the data center.
· Installation and testing of copper and Fiber Optic cabling.
· Basic build and troubleshooting of network devices.
· Creating/attaching labels and barcodes.
· Regularly work at heights and from ladders.
· Managing inventory of related materials.
· Adhering to defined escalation processes and standard operating procedures.
· Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperatures than standard office environmental conditions.
· Ability to travel within geographical work area is required.
Responsibilities : Data Center Operation
· Basic computer server troubleshooting.
· Computer server hardware maintenance experience.
· Break-fix of servers and network devices.
· Troubleshooting of network connections.
· Responding to high-severity events within SLAs.
· Contributing to and/or leading projects.
· Coordinating and building relationships with various Data Center teams.
· Seeking out ways to improve yourself and the processes and systems with which you work.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bangkok, 10, THA
- BA/BS in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 1-2 years of project management experience or operations planning experience
- 1-2 years experience with physical network infrastructure deployment and troubleshooting
- 1-2 years experience with network cabling (fiber optic & copper)
- English or Thai language communication ability
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and network cabling.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, displaying excellent time management skills and the ability to follow direction.
- Able to work at heights or use ladders for continued periods
- Have strong attention to detail, maintain high quality standards.
- Substantial background in large scale datacenter network implementations and support.
- Knowledge of Copper and Fiber Optic testing methodologies.
- Ability to read basic layout drawings and floorplans.
- Industry standard certifications (CompTIA, CITY & GUILDS Cabling cert or equivalent).
- Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management).
- Experience with a ticketing system is a plus but not required.
- Understanding of server operating systems, Linux based troubleshooting such as firmware flashes and bios configurations.