As an Infrastructure Architect, your focus is on architecture strategy, planning, design and implementation of enterprise solutions across multiple technology towers and disciplines, inclusive of cloud, workplace networking, security and operations in both Microsoft and multi-vendor environments.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day, your responsibilities include:
• Developing a high-level approach and leading teams of engineers to assist in design and delivery.
• Advising clients on an overall IT plans, including efficiently spending on existing and new technologies and integrating technology solutions in ways that create value for the organization
• Working and interacting directly with clients to ensure smooth and successful design and implementation of Avanade solutions
• Helping establish partnership with cross-functional technology and design teams to integrate technology, operations, and solution requirements into solution strategies Additionally, you apply your expertise in technical and consulting knowledge to advise clients on proper governance to ensure stability, and to enable them to evolve their environments to support changing business requirements.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
• Infrastructure solutions (especially Microsoft), cloud technologies, networking, data center operations, platform migration, and enterprise directories
• Operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations
• Experience leading technology infrastructure projects
• Good understanding of infrastructure-as-code and how DevOps models intersect
• Cross architecture skills to plan complex and multi-cloud solutions and infrastructure core services
• Microservice architecture and containerization
• Advanced understanding of PowerShell and other scripting languages
• Up-to-date knowledge of Microsoft products
• Ability to gain an understanding of customer process and issues, and communicate them back
• Ability to work in teams and individually when needed
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working with global teams on projects
• Experience working with offshore teams to facilitate project work
• Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
• Advanced skills and experience in application lifecycle management, agile development methods and software planning
• Effective at recruiting talented people, managing and influencing virtual teams, and developing leaders
• Strategic thinker about business issues across product areas and industries
• Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion effectively
• Monitor, mentor, and lead teams to overcome roadblocks and challenges and implement coordination
Cloud certifications preferably Azure. ITIL certifications.
Preferred Education Background:
You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
5+ years of prior related work experience, preferably in a technology or consulting environment
Scope of Work:
Provides operational leadership for work efforts requiring significant coordination.
Accountabilities & Metrics:
• Timeliness, accuracy and quality of team work
• Chargeability and training targets
• Project and annual goals
• Managing integration of collective work products to align with operational objectives and drive strategic execution
• People management responsibilities
What we offer you
Come for the distinctive experiences you have helping forward-thinking corporations, non-profits, and governments push the boundaries of digital innovation. Stay for the limitless learning opportunities that encourage you to master Microsoft and pursue big ideas. Enjoy ambitious growth for yourself as part of Avanade’s people-first culture with benefits like employee share purchasing, flexible work arrangements, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and competitive pay.