- Posted 23 October 2023
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
As Amazon Web Services (AWS) continues to build upon the world’s biggest Cloud Computing Infrastructure, we are looking for Network Technicians to support the scaling and growth of our network infrastructure.
About The Role
Infrastructure Delivery (ID) Network Technicians are part of the Infrastructure Operations Team, the backbone of AWS that supports our customers and their rapidly growing businesses by operating world-class data centers. Network Technicians lead projects to deploy, maintain, and expand the physical network infrastructure at AWS data centers. At Amazon, we always aim to exceed the expectations of our customers, and we continuously raise the standards for operational performance in safety, security, availability, productivity, capacity, efficiency, and cost.
Key job responsibilities
Each day presents unique challenges, which include:
- Deploying network hardware and cabling
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Working closely with Network Engineering, Technical Program Managers, and other stakeholders to deliver projects
- Designing the physical network interconnections to Amazon standards
- Working with vendors on large-scale cabling deployments
- Troubleshooting network and cabling infrastructure issues
- Migrating networks in live environments
- Coordinating operations with other Data Center teams
- Seeking out ways to improve yourself and improve the processes and systems we use
- Able to work at high places (3-4mts) on ladders.
- Able to move and lift equipment.
Starting from your ‘Day One’, we provide a full on-boarding process and continuous training while you gain an understanding of data centers and our infrastructure. You will work independently and with colleagues, at the forefront of transformational technology, and will have opportunities to grow within the team and the organization.
A day in the life
At Amazon, everyone is a leader. You are self-motivated and can adapt in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment. You have a passion for technology, always ask “Why?” and seek to understand how things work, are a problem solver, and may have some data center experience. You may also have networking, cabling, or project management experience. You can follow our guidelines and processes, and enjoy work that requires attention to detail.
You actively seek opportunities to make improvements in our operations and yourself.
About the team
Our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, and will stop at nothing to exceed our customers’ expectations, including continual expansion and building new data centers all around the world. We are always on the lookout for like-minded individuals to help us reach the next level. Come build the future with us!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bangkok, 10, THA
- BA/BS in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of project management experience or operations planning experience
- 2 years experience with physical network infrastructure deployment and troubleshooting
- 2 years experience with network cabling (fiber optic & copper)
- English or Thai language communication ability
- Networking administration and/or certification - CCENT/CCNA and above, Network+ is a plus.
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
- Work closely with our Network Engineering & Network Technical Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth rollout of established designs and products.
- Good understanding of infrastructure technologies, including Routers, Switches, Load Balancers and Firewalls at the enterprise level.
- Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR.
- Experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies.
- Familiarity with common networking terms and fabric based network design.
- Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflows.
- Collaborate with various stake holders to remove project obstacles.
- Ability to travel within geographical work area is required, some travel outside traditional work area may be requested.
- Troubleshoot networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction.
- Troubleshooting cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords.
- Participate in the migration, basic configuration and rollout of new or upgraded hardware.
- Basic understanding of data center facilities