- Posted 07 November 2022
- Job type Permanent
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Leadership Development Program
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Climate change is a global challenge and GlobalFoundries is working to continue to enhance its contributions to a sustainable future through its Journey to Zero Carbon unveiled in 2021. The APAC Environmental Engineer will perform analyses and drive implementation efforts as part of GF's Journey to Zero Carbon. The Engineer will also study ways to enhance Singapore's standing as a hub of environmental excellence in the semiconductor and tech sphere.
● Lead site-related sustainability and resource conservation projects in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and collaborate with peers worldwide.
● Track and report resource conservation, greenhouse gas reductions, water conservation, and landfill avoidance projects.
● Partner with Manufacturing, Facilities, Logistics, and Quality to identify new opportunities and projects that will further contribute to GlobalFoundries’ Journey to Zero Carbon objectives and goals.
● Identify EHS award and recognition opportunities. Lead efforts to complete award application process by coordinating with Facilities, Manufacturing, and Logistics as applicable. Serve as the focal point for internal engagement, awareness, and communication on EHS&S topics.
● Assist with the implementation and continuous improvement of the Environmental Management System (EMS).
● Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
● Other duties as assigned to support EHS&S activities.
● Science or Engineering Degree in a related discipline
● Practical experience in manufacturing industries, ideally semiconductors, or electronics
● Demonstrated knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and industry practices.
● Exposure to ESG concepts and frameworks
● Preferred qualities:
○ Highly organized and able to multitask with interdisciplinary teams
○ Self-motivated; takes ownership of assignments, develops work plans and proactively seeks feedback to ensure objectives are aligned and met.
○ Team player; well-integrated into relevant industry networks and able to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
○ Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
GlobalFoundries is an equal opportunity employer, cultivating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe having a multicultural workplace enhances productivity, efficiency and innovation whilst our employees feel truly respected, valued and heard.
As an affirmative employer, all qualified applicants are considered for employment regardless of age, ethnicity, marital status, citizenship, race, religion, political affiliation, gender, sexual orientation and medical and/or physical abilities.
All offers of employment with GlobalFoundries are conditioned upon the successful completion of background checks, medical screenings as applicable and subject to the respective local laws and regulations.
To ensure that we maintain a safe and healthy workplace for our GlobalFoundries employees, please note that offered candidates who have applied for jobs in Singapore will have to be fully vaccinated prior to their targeted start date. For new hires, the appointment is contingent upon the provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation.
Information about our benefits you can find here: https://gf.com/about-us/careers/opportunities-asia