- Posted 23 October 2023
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Data Center Operations designs, installs & maintains the world’s largest Cloud Computing Infrastructure. We are looking for skilled Data Centre Operation Technician at Amazon Data Services India Private Limited (“ADSIPL”) with a passion for technology to help us expand AWS Cloud offerings to the next level.
To keep up with this demand on both disk and network capacity, we continue to expand our Data Centers in India. Also, our content delivery AWS service, CloudFront, has expanded its Data Centers presence by over 50% worldwide in the last 12 months and are expecting to increase by a similar number over the next 12 months. This requires talented people to build & manage. We hope it is you! Come and work for the world’s most Customer Centric Company. The location for this job to be discussed, as there may be opportunities in several India locations.
The Opportunity: Data Centre Operation Technician This role is a unique opportunity to work in some of the most cutting-edge data centers in the world. ADSIPL’s data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud technology in India.
A Data Centre Operation Technician at ADSIPL, expectation from role are:
• You work as part of the Operations team, whose primary responsibility is the maintenance and upkeep of the data center infrastructure.
• your role and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, server rack installation, hardware break-fix on various components, troubleshooting network issues also responding to emergent situations that affect operational stability.
• You may be the primary contact point for both internal customers (for example: Network Engineers, Systems Engineers, Software Developers, Technical Operations) and external service partners (Hardware Vendors, Contractors, Service Providers among others).
• You will work and meet SLAs against assigned trouble tickets via a directed workflow, be the first line touch point for hardware troubleshooting and technical issues.
• You perform on-call duties and will participate in Data Center operations, handling scheduled maintenance and change management activities that require monitoring of the data center infrastructure.
• You participate in team meetings for metric analysis and to discuss achieving daily/weekly goals.
• You possess knowledge of the policies and procedures, including safety and security, within your department, and understand the appropriate application of such knowledge
• You contribute to documentation on technical issues through root cause analysis for operational issues that occur, and contribute to process improvement initiatives relevant to the data center environment.
• More experienced technicians may assist in training less experienced members of the team.
* This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift & rack equipment up to 20kg; it may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines.
* This role involves covering 24x7 shift rotation
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Mumbai, MH, IND
· Must be BE/B.Tech graduates with a specialization in IT/IS/ECE and Electronics & Telecommunications
· Solid Understanding of Linux/Unix Administration
· Server Hardware Troubleshooting experience
· Server Booting: POST, BIOS, PXE, Kickstart, GRUB/LILO, RAID
· Some Experience with Network Protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, L2/L3 technologies
· Network Hardware: Copper and Optical Fiber Cabling, Switches, Routers
· Strong Communication Skills
· Passionate about IT infrastructure and hardware!
· Remote Access: Console routers, IPMI, BMC
· Network Equipment Installation and Configuration
· Cisco IOS, NX-OS, JunOS
· Redundancy: Power feeds, ATS, Server Hardware, RAID, Network Connectivity
· Data Center Operations: Inventory Management, Hot/Cold Aisles, Security
· Participated in Project Management
· Experience or Knowledge of AWS products: EC2, EBS, S3 etc.
· Scripting: Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby (or programming languages)