- Posted 23 October 2023
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Are you interested in work in a diverse, friendly and international environment, being part of a new and fast-growing Data Center Business?
As part of the team, you will be given the chance to have a significant impact in our Logistics operation, our business and most importantly our customers.
We put into practice diversity, equity and inclusion in our daily routine. Also, we value people the culture of builders - people who are curious, explorers and take their strengths to translate it into value for our customers. We are always learning.
Key job responsibilities
Logistics Specialists perform analysis related to process, inventory, efficiency and cost improvements. Also, keep precise records of all commodities going in and out of the company, manage and maintain accurate inventory, and check out parts as needed to our internal customers. Responsibilities include tasks such as arranging, scheduling and supporting shipments across sites and other locations, unpack boxes and verify contents. Last but not least, it is expected to maintain a clean environment, orderliness and safety in all work spaces.
The ideal Logistics Specialist will dive deep into data to understand and proactively propose ideas to improve Logistics Metrics and Performance at Data Center. In addition, maintain up-to-date metrics dashboards and create reports for internal and external customers and management.
This position involves occasional trips across the cluster to support other sites and frequent lifting of materials.
A day in the life
You will work in a diverse, inclusive, international and friendly environment with Data Center Operation Technicians and Engineers.
· 8 working hours (9:00-18:00) on business days.
· Flextime available
· Most of the work will be inside an office/storage room with air conditioning and computer. Occasionally will happen to work outside for shipment support.
· Mostly work in a quiet environment, but sometimes work in a 75db noise level environment (comparable to industrial grade fan).
· Work with and/or around electronic parts.
· There are on-call duties after normal working hours, rotating by team members weekly basis.
About the team
Logistics team provide necessary items to our customers, safely, accurately, and in a timely manner.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
· Experience in performing analysis for accuracy, efficiency and cost improvement
· Experience with process and inventory improvement (Lean, 6 Sigma, Continuous Improvement and/or Operational Excellence) and operation standardization
· Experience in developing or improving layout design or storage/warehouse design
· Experience with problem solving and analytical data
· Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
· Basic time management skills
· Present a positive attitude towards work
· Conversational level of Japanese and English language
· Willing to perform physical tasks when needed such as: lifting boxes up to 18kg (support from teammates is available); kneeling or squatting while moving/storing items in and out the Data Centers; walking within the premises of the data centers often, using hand carts to move parts from one place to another
· 2+ years of relevant in analytical role or industry experience in logistics operations (warehouse, inventory management)
· Visual management tools implementation experience
· Dashboards development experience
· Project management experience
· Experience in 5S activities
· Ability to identify issues, develop solutions and drive results
· Prioritization management skills
· Communication skills
· Willing to learn and be curious
· University diploma or equivalent
· Experience in developing mechanisms to ensure inventory accuracy