At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- You will deeply understand engineering and the One Customer View (OCV) technology environment to increase the quality and efficiency of the outcomes being delivered by the squads as well ensuring the stability of systems.
- Your role will ensure that the OCV platform runs at scale efficiently and more reliably. You will strive to have a complete understanding of the platform, its functions and dependencies, code and configuration, playing a hands-on role.
- You will bring your core skills and knowledge to be a strong team player by adhering to engineering disciplines within your team. You’ll work within a squad and engage with Knowledge Area Leads, Lead Engineers, Product Owner/Journey Expert and translate requirements into common re-usable technical capabilities.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in Java/J2EE technology
- 4+ years of hands-on development experience in IBM Infosphere MDM Advanced Edition v11.x.
- Able to demonstrate experience with software engineering practices including CI/CD, Automated testing and Performance Engineering.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Experience working with a distributed version control and source code management tool such as Git.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Team player, collaborative approach and excellent communication skills
- Zeal to contribute in production support space and enhancements through code fixes where necessary.
- Able to bring initiatives and innovations that help simplify processes and automate monotonous tasks.
- Strong engineering skills with a combination of the following
- Experience working with container technologies like Docker, OpenShift and Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of Java/J2EE/Spring/Microservice/API development to be able to design, build and support them in production.
- Kafka and stream processing
- Expertise with building CI/CD pipelines using Bamboo (or similar)
- Expertise with Maven, Robot, Mockito, Junit and JMeter
- Elastic Search
Nice to have
- Experience as a Site Reliability engineer is a huge plus
- Experience in Python and/or shell scripting
- Experience with Splunk, Dynatrace
- Experience working with Connect-Direct and Ctrl-m Scheduler.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.