At Jacobs, our Power Solutions team is geared towards providing a more integrated approach offering end-to-end service to support our clients in energy networks, thermal generation, renewable generation and storage solutions space. We are helping our clients meet the challenges faced in countries and cities across the globe, providing innovative solutions from replacing conventional thermal power plants with renewable energy to developing demand side management strategies.
We are seeking a Commissioning Manager. The purpose of this role is to provide high standards of HSE, site supervision and quality execution of commissioning activities leading up to commercial operation of the plant. Provide leadership to project site team (in absence of the project manager) to help ensure all commissioning activities and tasks are carried out to meet the project requirements. Provide leadership to ensure that all commissioning works will be executed as per the work method statements, and installations are done as per the approved drawings and procedures. To lead review of contractor’s commissioning plan and procedure and provide feedback so that processes and procedure can be revised to align with industry practices. The Commissioning Manager shall ensure all commissioning works done on site are in compliance with HSE requirements of the project. Review of all design and equipment documents to obtain a working knowledge of the system requirements and functionality and carry out review of the commissioning documentation progress.
Other Key Responsibilities Include:
- Review, comment on, and contribute to commissioning test programs, start-up processes and documentation, including the establishment of a reliable and feasible punch list.
- Provide technical support to the site team during commissioning phase.
- Carry out review of the commissioning documentation progress.
- Support to Owner for any technical and organizational aspects related to the systems commissioning.
- Review, comment and contribute to the preparation of the Facility O&M Manual(s) and review of all equipment manuals provided for workability and ease of understanding
- Assess, review and support the contractor to develop the full spare-part list for the facility and the safe and efficient storage of all spare parts.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Relevant undergraduate degree as a minimum.
- 15 years' experience as Commissioning Manager/Project Manager/ Construction Manager
- Advanced understanding of commissioning procedures and processes of a CCGT power plant
- Demonstrated experience delivering revenues with consistent and profitable growth
- Experience in reading IFC drawings and P&IDs, SLD’s and other system configuration diagrams.
- Detailed understanding HSE regulations and construction standards and the value of an early risk identification and preventative action approach
- Good understanding commercial terms and key business drivers involved on EPC and EPCM projects
- Ability to review/develop and communicate appropriate project strategies to overcome project/commissioning challenges on site
- Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to articulate a clear vision and direction and have good communication skills
- Proven track record as a leader in relevant businesses.
- Must have broad technical knowledge and hands on approach
Jacobs. A world where you can.