Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company. Digital leaders harness our trusted platform to bring together and interconnect the foundational infrastructure that powers their success. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
The Product Software team at Equinix builds next-generation software products and architecture for our Equinix software platform and services offerings. We are looking for engineers responsible for developing consistent apps, interacting with multiple consumers and abstracting complex Enterprise Application workflows.
Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop platform apps, and to collaborate with partner teams to understand their requirements and consumption patterns. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential. You will work closely with user experience designers, product engineering, architects and product managers.
- · Solve for the customer - understand the WHY and enrich the specification to create a solution which delights customers
- · Own the design and development of key system features
- · Create rich web user interfaces with efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- · Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of apps
- · Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- · Promptly resolve production issues based on priority - with a focus on unblocking the customer, and ensuring problems do not recur
- · Mentor junior team members
- · Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent
- · Strong experience in building robust services with any software programming languages and technologies
- · Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, design and architectural patterns, and API design
- · Experience working on cloud-based SaaS/PaaS products
- · Solid understanding of JS unit testing frameworks
- · Working experience with OAuth, REST, JSON
- · Experience with web servers & application servers such as Apache and Nginx
- · Experience working within the agile process and CI/CD frameworks
- · Ability to transition between programming languages and tool sets
- · Ability to effectively communicate new ideas and design tradeoffs
A successful candidate will
- · Be a talent multiplier who gets the team around them to excel
- · Be persistent, creative and driven to get results relentlessly
- · Exhibit a strong backbone to challenge the status quo, when needed
- · Exhibit a high level of curiosity, keeping abreast of the latest trends & technologies
- · Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything undertaken