There’s never been a more exciting time to join us. It's a time of incredible progress at DuPont — a time of momentum. It's the time for change makers, for the doers and pioneers, to create essential innovations the world needs. We pursue new technologies and performance materials that enable your designs to be smaller, more complex and more powerful than you could ever imagine.
DuPont is a technology leader, serving the semiconductor, circuit board, display, digital and flexographic printing, healthcare, aerospace, industrial and transportation industries. Why wait for a better future? Invent a better n:ow. Build the next thing that changes everything!
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a long-term renewable renewable contract.
You will be the Application Lab Technician for our Interconnect Solution team in Electronics & Industrial business. You comes from the PCB (printed circuit board) industry, with relevant lab experience. You are responsible and will undertake a variety of laboratory procedures at our Kallang Application Lab Centre.
You will be managing the pilot line with customer sample and or sensitive equipment for analysis and testing work. You will write the lab report and conclude the findings for submission. Your goal is to optimize the lab procedure and produce reliable lab data to make a difference to our customers. You have a strong safety concept that matches up to DuPont’s safety standard.
- Adheres and uphold DuPont Core Values
- Understands environmental, health and safety practices and work proactively to improve the level of safety in R&D
- Work closely with our customers and a team of engineers / technical specialists that are optimizing, modifying and improving the operation discipline procedures and our product application performance
- Conduct experiments with high quality, to completion, according to specific procedures, exercising independent judgment and discretion as appropriate
- Record accuracy and reliability of data and test results in specified forms (paper and electronic) provided to Product Technical Specialists and customers
- Operate pilot line equipment as sample preparation and process optimization in a safe and timely fashion
- Operate analytical and reliability testing instruments
- Inspect, use, and maintain research equipment and instruments including performing routine maintenance and troubleshooting
- Maintain, organizes, and summarizes results of experiments including notebook entries, regulatory documentation, data analysis, technical reports, etc
- Maintain and write Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and safety documentation
- Maintain, organize and work safely with sample / chemical inventory, hazardous chemicals, materials, and solvents; and coordinate out-sourcing laboratory testing including shipping samples
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment; dispose materials and replenish supplies from storage area
- Participate in first party audits including housekeeping, job cycle checks, and internal/external audits and drive corrective actions to 100% completion
YOUR EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Working experience in Printed Circuit Board (PCB) industry, especially the Make Hole Conductive (MHC) and Electrolytic Copper Plating (EP) processes is definitely an advantage
- Knowledge and skills to conduct hands-on experimental work in laboratory, analyze, interpret the data, and suggest modifications
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines
- Ability to design a research plan, conduct experiments and analyze data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as demonstrate computer skills using PC-based applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Excellent personal interaction skills and ability to work as a team member with a diverse group of people
- Self-initiative, multi-tasking and be able to work independently
- Higher Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering / Chemistry / Material Science or related fields
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.