Supply Chain Program Manager
- Posted 17 May 2023
- LocationTaiwan ROC
- Job type Permanent
- Reference 1547861
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Leadership Development Program
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
Cloud Sourcing and Supply Chain (CSSC) organization within CSCP manages sourcing and supply of IT hardware for the data centers. Well-defined and executed sourcing and supply chain management ensures reliable on-time performance, optimized cost, prevents urgent and unplanned investments, and provides accurate and timely information across the supply base and internally across the infrastructure organization. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy supply chain professional to help build create sustainable advantage through supply chain.
We are seeking a high caliber Supply Chain Program Manager to join CSSC’s Spares and Warranty Sourcing team. The role will be managing internal stakeholders as well as supplier relationships to ensure support on continuity of supply, lifecycle management, key programs, process improvement, contracts, and technical needs.
The ideal candidate will deliver operational excellence with a focus on hardware demand/supply optimization, while keeping Microsoft Cloud at the forefront of technology. You must be a high energy, high impact individual with demonstrated ability to succeed in a dynamic business environment. Successful candidates will build long lasting, strategic partnerships, be well organized with strong communication skills to position themselves and Microsoft for sustained success.
• Meet regularly with assigned suppliers to review forecasts, capture supply commitments, and publish internally.
• Review and manage PO process for spares to assure compliance and supportability against our 3PL inventory positioning.
• Manage metrics including days of supply, E&O, shortages within lead time and inventory exposure at each supplier to improve performance.
• Work with Supply Chain, and Capacity Planning teams on the timing and availability of product transitions to plan for platform end of life (minimizing E&O inventory) and ramp of new platforms
• Define inventory buffer targets (in conjunction with Component Planning) and strategies based on historical usage and forecast. Define financial risk/liability associated with said buffers.
• Review priorities between production and spares to create allocation plans for constrained materials.
• Act as primary liaison between production planning and warranty teams to define processes to assure supply across both demand streams.
• Develop processes and tools to support allocations between parties.
• 4+ years in Manufacturing, Supply planning or similar role
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply chain, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering or related field
• Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to build credibility and trust while driving Microsoft’s Capacity goals
• Strong knowledge of inventory management process and logistics, including metrics and analytics
• Proven track record in delivering change, process improvement
• Capable of performing complex data analysis to identify problems or opportunities to improve supply chain performance
• Experience managing inventory and material movement through a 3rd party logistics provider
• Critical thinking and ability to drive resolution in ambiguous situations
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
• Strong Executive communication and presentation skills
• MBA and/ or experience in Spares and Warranty is a plus
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via theAccommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.