- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Amazon is seeking an experienced public relations professional to lead APAC communications for our worldwide advertising business. Amazon Ads helps brands of all sizes reach relevant audiences on our sites, apps, devices and across the web in ways that help them grow their businesses and create value for Amazon customers.
Key job responsibilities
As Amazon Ads' Sr PR Manager for APAC, you will lead a small regional team that provides counsel and partners with business leaders to craft and execute programs in support of our various advertising solutions across Japan, China, Australia and more. Responsibilities include developing and executing regional owned and earned proactive communications strategies, tactics, and content; ongoing media relations; event support and amplification; collaborating with stakeholders across Amazon Ads’ product and marketing teams as well as Amazon’s global PR team; and extending and localizing global programs.
The successful candidate is customer-obsessed and has high-judgment, as well excellent communications, media relations, and project and people management skills. The candidate should have experience working with high standards under tight deadlines and managing ambiguity as priorities change. Explicit advertising industry and technology experience is strongly preferred.
• Spearhead APAC owned and earned communications strategies
• Manage external speaking opportunities and press extensions
• Provide strategic PR counsel and support to APAC business leaders
• Manage local APAC PR leads, as well as growing the team go-forward
• Keep current on industry trends, issues, and news by region and proactively provide related counsel
• Build and maintain regional media relationships
• Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges
About the team
Our team is global, with members in North America, Europe, and APAC.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 10+ years of recent professional communications or public relations experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, or a related field
- • Advertising industry and technology PR experience • Experience working with sales teams • Experience managing a current network of media contacts and a desire to work with the media proactively to accomplish business goals • Experience writing for a range of audiences and formats, including copy-writing and speech writing • An entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously