- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Amazon’s technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into “the Cloud”.
AWS Managed Services is designed to accelerate cloud adoption, it simplifies deployment, migration, and management using automation and machine learning, backed up by a dedicated team of Amazon employees. AWS Managed Services provides ongoing management and operations of the AWS infrastructure. It automates common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support your infrastructure.
We are seeking a professional that is able to operate at the forefront of transformational technology, assisting enterprise customers to take advantage of a growing set of AWS services and features to run their applications.
As an AMS Cloud Architect, you will be the technical resource to help our largest customers navigate the operational challenges of cloud computing. You will be an adviser, supporting the customers’ effort to identify good candidate workloads from their application pipeline and offer AMS specific advice on their architecture to ensure they are getting the full value of the AMS feature set. You will be the person people seek out as a resource to solve difficult problems. You possess customer facing skills that enable you to represent AWS well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You will constantly seek out new ideas and technologies that you can use to deliver a higher quality service.
You will be accountable for providing our customers with an exceptional AMS Operations experience. You will possess excellent customer facing communication skills. You will represent AMS within the customers’ environment and drive discussions at multiple levels within the customer organization to Senior Leaders at the C level, technical personnel and management regarding incident management, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management.
You will be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class operations is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
· Ensure customer business objectives are achieved with strong partnership and infrastructure solutions that meet customer’s needs.
· Drive customer transformation activities and manage the engagement via governance to ensure successful delivery of solutions.
· Guide customers to ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services following the principles of the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
· Make impactful recommendations and develop technical direction and future state architecture for clients in alignment with their business plans.
· Help educate enterprise customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
· Engage customers - collaborate with Customer Service Delivery Managers, Account Teams and Technical Delivery Managers to develop strong customer and partner relationships.
· You will engage directly with AMS and AWS service teams to be the voice of the customer and work with internal AWS resources to drive innovation, feature request, and resolution to customer impacting bugs and/or issues.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the AMS Cloud Architecture community.
· Assist in building AMS Operational service offerings and processes that demonstrate the value of well operated in the cloud.
· Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as blogs and whitepapers.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 7+ years of technical specialist, design and architecture experience
- 7+ years of consulting, design and implementation of serverless distributed solutions experience
- 3+ years of cloud based solution (AWS or equivalent), system, network and operating system experience
- 7+ years of external or internal customer facing, complex and large scale project management experience
- Bachelor's degree, or 7+ years of professional or military experience
- Experience in Managed Service provider - managing IT environments on behalf of customers.
- Computer Science Degree
- MBA degree, or strong understanding of business strategy ·
- Large Enterprise experience
- Experience and Certification in ITIL and or Dev Ops · AWS Solution Architect Professional Certificate, AWS Developer Professional Certificate
- Programming experience, Python, PowerShell, etc.
- Strong understanding of how IT solutions impact business Strategy
- Experience with automation to deploy and manage infrastructure, database and networking architectures for Internet-scale applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, which will be key in driving customer and internal communications with all key stakeholders.
- Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.