- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a best-in-class Software Developer Engineer for the Network Health Engineering team in Sydney. This team is working in the heart of AWS global network. We are looking to hire motivated, best-in-class Software Development Engineer for our Sydney engineering team. The engineers within our team are instrumental in allowing us to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to and scale our network as we expand globally.
The team today owns a platform which determines the health of our network and vends that information to core network systems, significantly lowering the ops burden for humans while improving the availability of the network. Software Development Engineers in this team will work closely with Network Engineering and Network Operations teams to invent new ways of operating Amazon's Next-Generation Networks.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has experience working with large scale, enterprise class networks. They have the desire and ability to work closely with their peers and customers in a fast paced, collaborative environment. They will develop best practices and bring both a focus on operational best practice and proactive innovation to the role.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
- Design and build reusable, maintainable, and performant software consistent with Amazon standard technologies.
- Develop best in class software systems for automating Amazon's network
- Must be able to independently design code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
- Deal with ambiguity, make data-driven decisions and juggle cross-organization complexity
- Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures and product documentation.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Sydney, NSW, AUS
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Acknowledgement of country:
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected attributes.