- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Amazon is a global organization at the forefront of the digital economy and offers a great opportunity for a dynamic and experienced person to ensure the international tax team provides top class support to our global operations. The Senior Manager is expected to provide international indirect tax support to the business and manage working with internal and external business partners.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast paced environment, this is the role for you.
Key job responsibilities
- Act as indirect tax lead for specific AWS business lines and projects by providing quality and timely guidance
- Ensure new projects launch with indirect tax compliance requirements and processes implemented, minimizing risk and exposure to penalties
- Liaising with advisors and tax authorities on matters relating to the AWS business
- Analyze and support legislative changes in indirect taxes impacting Amazon
- Promote indirect tax awareness and knowledge including training, and liaising with business and tax partners on changes to systems, policies and processes.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 12+ years of tax, finance or a related analytical field experience
- Degree qualified or demonstrable relevant experience in a multinational and/ or professional organization
- Good understanding of international indirect tax principles in APAC jurisdictions
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Team player who is also a self-starter with solid organizational and project management skills
- Law or Accounting Degree
- Experience in managing stakeholders at multiple levels
- Experience in the technology industry
- Fluency in a regional language (e.g., Bahasa Melayu, Bahasa Indonesian, Mandarin).