- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Finance team! We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us redefine the IT industry. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history, this is the place for you.
AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks a Finance Analyst to be key member supporting the APJ Commercial Sales business as part of the APJ central finance team. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing divisions within Amazon. As a Finance Analyst, you will work closely with the Sales, Strategy, Finance and business leaders to develop financial models and analytical insights to assist in evaluating new business concepts, turning insights into operational measurements, and identifying paths to improve the overall planning and forecasting process. Primary responsibilities include:
- Support the APJ Sales and Finance Leadership team on short- and long-term financial planning and FP&A responsibilities.
- Build financial models for new business concepts and go-to-market plans.
- Present financial summary and business insights to senior management.
- Tighten internal controls for program spending and revenue accrual.
- Execute ad hoc analysis based on business priorities.
The successful candidate will have shown experiences in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision-making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter with strong modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interaction with executives and various business units across Amazon and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, economics, or a related analytical field (e.g., engineering, math, computer science), or Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of building financial and operational reports/data sets that inform business decision-making experience
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders/teams in a cross-functional setting
- Advanced modeling skills including advanced Excel skills
- Excellent business judgment, including strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in an energetic, fast-paced environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and creative problem-solving
- Highly innovative and flexible; ability to work with autonomy