- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Selling Partner Services WW (SPS) is responsible for creating a trustworthy shopping experience across Amazon stores worldwide by protecting customers, brands, selling partners, vendors and Amazon from fraud, counterfeit, and abuse as well as providing world‐class support and building loyalty with Amazon’s millions of selling partners.
The Special Projects and Investigations (SPI) team within SPS protects Amazon customers and stores by launching investigative projects and detection mechanisms by deep diving key events within the bad actor lifecycle to detect abuse at the earliest point and close the gap for bad actors. Our growth requires highly skilled candidates who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new solutions, a tenacity to get things done, thrive in an environment of ambiguity and change, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems. We value individual expression, respect different opinions, and work together to create a culture where each of us is able to contribute fully.
Our unique backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our ability to achieve Amazon's mission of being Earth's most customer-centric company.
Key job responsibilities
We catch bad actors and stop online fraud. It’s fun! It’s hard! It matters! We are passionate about protecting our selling partners and customers from bad actors and want a candidate that shares that passion. Amazon is one of the world’s most trusted companies, help us keep it that way! To achieve this, we are looking for an experienced Risk Manager to join our team with background in risk/digital fraud, abuse, or infringement, to conduct critical, high impact, quick-turn investigations and make high judgement decisions.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about using and understanding data to discover bad actor trends and help us ensure that customers make great purchase decisions and our selling partners using Amazon are successful listing and selling their products. Your decisions will help proactively identify risk and take direct, high confidence actions to protect Amazon customers, selling partners, and help maintain the overall health of Amazon's WW stores.
- The ideal candidate has a proven track record of delivering results in highly ambiguous and fast-moving environments.
- Lead and support the team in responding to, investigating, managing and resolving high-impact incidents around product authenticity (counterfeit, trademark, copyright) and safety issues.
- Use high-level judgment to own complex investigations and enforcement decisions driven through data.
- Closely monitor media and global events to anticipate and mitigate potential risks. Be comfortable using data to analyze trends, predict and fix problems before they happen.
- Own and/or manage projects designed to improve operational and process efficiency.
A day in the life
This role is focused on delivering results by identifying and enforcing bad actors. Each day is different as new behaviors and trends are constantly discovered. You will be making high judgement decisions and taking direct actions to stop bad actors on WW stores as early as possible. While taking direct actions you will need to share your observations and trends with partner teams to constantly improve detection mechanisms. You and the team are on the front lines of protecting Amazon customers and stopping abuse in our stores.
About the team
Our team is comprised of experts in the risk domains like fraud, cybersecurity, data security, internal risk, threat intelligence, regulatory compliance, vendor risk, etc. with strong data analysis skills and and judgement. We complement specialized skills with broad risk experiences gathered through years of experience to deliver results - we wear a lot of hats, move quickly, and are frugal to the core by doing things ourselves whenever possible. We speak 15 different languages, value diverse experiences and natural curiosity, and celebrate learning and taking risks. We make mistakes, learn from them, and support each other.
Our work is to solve hard puzzles - typically with data and always with a lot persistence and curiosity. If you like the sound of that, come join us.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience in risk or fraud investigations, risk management, regulatory compliance, ecommerce, analytics, or security
- Proven ability to make quick, accurate decisions and deliver results on complex projects across multiple teams
- Exceptional written communication skills - able to write, clearly and succinctly
- Exceptional ownership and bias for action – willing to move quickly and decisively to resolve an incident
- Strong critical thinker with the vision to work both tactically and strategically
- Proven analytical thinking with a natural tendency to use data in decision-making and prioritization
- Excellent cross departmental collaboration skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and project management
- High level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information
- Strong enthusiasm to provide superb customer service to executive leadership and other key stakeholders
- Proven ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situation
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases