- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
This role is for an EHS Manager, Safety Specialist or Safety Engineer. The role's prime responsibility will be to work as part of a team to support the safety operations in Singapore.
The chosen person must be an effective communicator, sending clear, concise and consistent messages verbally, in written form, and/or public speaking forums. This individual must advise, instruct and train company personnel on safety policies and procedures, as well as assist the teams in incorporating our safety standards at their sites.
You will work with internal and external partners to maintain and enhance the safety of operations. Coordination with onsite physical security, vendors, compliance officers, risk management, and fire/life safety systems is required. Additionally, you will work with employees and contractors to achieve specific safety objectives and work closely with construction builds.
This role will report to the Regional Safety Manager – APJC, and will be responsible for continuing to enhance the safety of operations and construction. This position is based in Singapore, some international travel may required.
Key job responsibilities
• Implement safety standards, policies and practices including but not limited to; safety management systems, training, and risk assessments.
• Collaborate with other groups within Amazon (Facilities Managers, Human Resources, Hardware Operations) and outside vendors (General Contractors, sub-contractors, Emergency Services) as they relate to operations and construction.
• Ensure compliance and implementation of global safety programs and local regulatory legislation.
• Develop safety plans for on-site emergencies, special events and other unique safety situations.
• Perform safety data analysis and create benchmarking.
• Ensure safety recordkeeping and provide accurate reporting and metrics to support business safety initiatives.
• Consult and work with legal for safety regulations interpretations and investigations.
• Develop and implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
• Adapt to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, strategy and deadlines.
• Domestic and international travel for emergency and non-emergency may be required.
• Able to work as part of a team and provide safety support to sites across Singapore and other countries when required.
• All other duties as assigned.
About the team
Here at AWS we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
• 3 or more years of field experience with a proven record of safety.
• Minimum college/university degree in a safety and health field or experience equivalent.
• Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Comfort interfacing with site leaders and senior leaders.
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
• Experience designing and implementing safety policy, processes and procedural documentation.
• Construction, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, or similar industry safety experience with mix of full time employees and third-party contractors.
• Considerable knowledge of local safety and health regulatory law and practices of investigations and workplace safety.
• Able to manage up and escalate issues or concerns when required.
• High ethical standards with proven ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information; excellent judgment, discretion and diplomacy.