- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers more than a million businesses in 190 countries around the world.
To meet the growing demand for AWS Services across the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you have excellent organizational and communication skills, a passion for working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and a desire to deliver exceptional customer experiences, we’d like to speak with you! Here's your chance to join us as an Account Manager in our AWS Public Sector Singapore team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS within the Public Sector market segments.
The successful candidate will lead a team of sellers to identify partnerships to drive customer engagement, develop campaigns and programs across industry/market segments, and drive sales results for assigned accounts and territories.
This individual should be prepared to develop and execute against a business plan and be an exceptionally strong analytical thinker with IT sales experience. The candidate should have a successful track record of managing sales teams, meeting sales targets, territory/segment sales management and a passion for developing new accounts. Other responsibilities include:
- Shape and define the goals and success metrics for the business, ensuring alignment with the overall business strategy.
- Create and articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services in the Public Sector
- Identify use cases for priority adoption of Amazon Web Services and ensure they are successfully using our web services with the technical resources required.
- Formulate tactical and long term plans to exceed revenue and strategic goals.
- Support the execution of the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders
- Nurture opportunities and fill pipeline by active engagement with prospects, partners and key customers
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
The Public Sector Account Manager should have significant domain expertise in the software solutions or cloud technology industry. The ideal candidate will have a keen sense of ownership, drive and enthusiasm. Other requirements are:
- At least 8-10 years of experience in a sales role, (with min. 3-4 years covering public sector customers, like government ministries and agencies, for e.g. GovTech) in technology companies
- Demonstrated achievements in sales and exceeding targets, with experience in territory sales management
- Good understanding of the Singapore Government procurement process and contract vehicles
The candidate should be positive, proactive and self-motivated with sense of urgency and follow-through, with excellent communication and writing skills.