- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com that provides a broad set of infrastructure services including computing power, storage options, networking and databases available on demand. We are the leader in cloud computing and our pioneers are embracing innovation, building the future, and making history! The Infrastructure team provides AWS and Amazon.com with the compute, network and datacenter capacity that are the foundations of the retail and cloud business.
At Amazon, we’re not just looking for people who want to be part of a business. We’re searching for people who want to build businesses. The Procurement organization is critical to Amazon's success. Every day we face unique supply chain challenges that involve millions of unique products and tens of millions of customers. At Amazon we will give you all the autonomy you need to innovate on behalf of our customers.
Data Center Services Procurement (DCSP) supports Data Center Global Services (DCGS) and Infrastructure Operations (InfraOps) in obtaining the best services at the lowest, most competitive costs. We also seek ways to partner with suppliers for the long-term benefit of Amazon.
DCSP manages the full “Supplier Lifecycle” including Strategic Sourcing and Intake, Onboarding, Solicitations, Spending and Transaction Policy (S&TP) Compliance, and Supplier Development
About this Internship
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) and will run for 6 months from July to December 2024.
Whatever your background, if you love a call for tenders and negotiation with suppliers, if you have a passion for reporting, forecasting and building KPI dashboards that will support the business in optimizing their strategies and workflows, if you like creating easy to follow processes and training your business partners, Amazon and the procurement team are a great place to be. Because it’s only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth, we’re all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt quickly to all the changes around you, and we encourage you to try new things.
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
The Procurement Team is in charge of purchasing all construction related CAPEX activities (Architects, Design Engineers, General Contractors, and Quantity Surveyors) required by the different functions within AWS. As an intern within this team you will put your analytical and technical skills to the test and roll up your sleeves to complete a project that will contribute to improve the functionality and level of service that the team provides to our customers. This could include:
• Running an end to end tender process
• Pulling source information and update SRM models to provide ongoing strategic analysis for key customers
• Managing the supplier onboarding and qualification process
• Engaging and facilitating procurement for multiple categories within AWS
• Developing and enhancing interdepartmental communication
• Striving for continual improvement in supplier service and costs
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and helps you further develop your skillset.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
• Currently enrolled in Associates, Bachelors or greater degree program in Business, Procurement, Logistics, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain Analysis, Construction, or other related fields.
• Able to commit to a full-time internship from July to December 2024.
• Applicants must have valid work authorization in Singapore
• Interest in procurement, SRM and category management
• Familiarity with procurement management concepts – supplier qualification, due diligence, category management, RFI/RFQ/RFP, SRM, SBR/360 reviews
• Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities
• Experience with Tableau, Excel VBA
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Ability to understand accounting, account payable teams and their processes
• Attention to detail, ability to do in-depth data mining, methodical approach to work while also seeking to understand the big picture
• Result driven with the ability to innovate and simplify current process and practices.