- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Amazon is looking for experienced Network Development Engineers to drive the operations of one of the world’s largest and complex networks. We are expanding at a tremendous rate; it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to the operation of our network.
The AWS Direct Connect team delivers solutions that make it easy for customers to establish a dedicated network connection from their premises to the AWS cloud. These connections help to reduce network costs, increase bandwidth throughput, and provide a more consistent network experience than Internet-based connections. AWS Direct Connect is currently available in more than 100 locations, which span nearly 70 cities in 30 different countries.
- The ideal candidate will have;
· A proven track record of technical leadership and success in driving complex issues to resolution and will demonstrate an in-depth knowledge Network Fundamentals concepts and theory.
· Experience managing proactive engineering, network optimization and operational network support for a large-scale service provider or enterprise environment.
· And a love for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technology!
As a Network Development Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will;
· Provide critical on-shift network operations support to Amazon.com customers to diagnose and respond to large-scale events.
· Support and maintain our next generation - networks.
· Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
· Partner with our broader Technical Operations organization to reduce operational burden.
· Work closely with our broader Network Engineering & Deployment teams to ensure operational readiness for new deployments.
· Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
· Participate and drive impact mitigation during large-scale events utilizing an established Event Management process.
· Drive event deep dives for large-scale events, deliver high-quality documentation for the events and drive corrective actions to completion.
· Improve our detection mechanisms by designing and implementing new alerts.
· Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues for full resolution.
· Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
· Troubleshoot interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction.
· Identify and drive opportunities to repeatable tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools.
· Effectively contribute towards hiring and developing others in the team.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Sydney, NSW, AUS
- 4+ years of major internet routing protocols experience
- 4+ years of working in a Linux/Unix environment experience
- 1+ years of automation scripting using Python, Bash, Shell and/or Perl experience
Acknowledgement of country:
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected attributes.