- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
We are looking to hire a Senior Reliability Maintenance Engineering (RME) Technician to join the team at our Fulfillment Center (FC) in Ravenhall on Day Shift.
This role leads the technical team in providing both a reactive and pro-active maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure within the Fulfilment Centre (FC).
Key job responsibilities
Supervise and lead Maintenance Technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals
Deliver and maintain Preventive Maintenance programs, building compliance programs, including facility and contractor management
Act as an ambassador for safety within the team and to promote safe working across the site,
Managing Maintenance related purchase orders to maximize smooth facility operation and control of critical spare and store inventory to ensure adequate stock levels for maintenance
Install, maintain, and troubleshoot all FC systems including power distribution, automated material handling equipment, conveyance and all other operational equipment,
Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organisation, including regular attendance to site leadership meetings and steering committees.
A day in the life
In every shift, you’ll be leading a team to make sure everyone has the equipment they need and that it’s running properly. That involves monitoring processes so that regulations and policies are followed and ensuring that preventative maintenance is carried out to increase equipment uptime.
With everything you observe on your shifts, you’ll suggest improvements to make our systems more efficient and productive.
About the team
Our Reliability Maintenance Engineering or RME team keep our equipment performing at its best. We're a technically minded team, made up of excellent team players and guided by experienced leaders. We work together to maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment across our global network of fulfilment centres. Some of our people are leaders, who oversee the team as they work on exciting technology – some of which only exists at Amazon.
From installing automated packaging systems to overseeing the general maintenance of a site to repairing key distribution equipment, our team handles most aspects of Amazon’s technical side. This includes keeping buildings legally compliant, so everyone is safe, and our sites are operating at maximum efficiency. There are lots of opportunities for progression, both within the RME team and more widely across Amazon.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Ravenhall, VIC, AUS
- Formal trade qualification as Mechanical Fitter/Turner, or current Electrical A-Grade license
- Leadership experience in supervising multi-trade teams in a fast paced manufacturing/distribution centre environment
- Relevant experience in automation or material handling equipment environments
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload,
- Experience using CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) to plan proactive maintenance and record reactive tasks
- Experience in contractor management.
- Preferred qualifications are not required to apply for a position at Amazon. If you have all the basic qualifications above, we’d love to hear from you.
- Understanding of PLC based controls systems and statutory compliance requirements
- Experience using computerised maintenance management systems to plan proactive maintenance and record reactive tasks
Acknowledgement of country:
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected attributes.