- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
There's never been a more exciting time to join Amazon and help support the growth of the Automotive business!
Amazon Australia is growing at a phenomenal rate as we work to create an awesome shopping experience for Australians. New team members are joining us every day in our mission to be the most customer-centric company on earth. In addition, Automotive is a new and fast-growing category and we need a motivated Key Account Manager to work with new and existing top Automotive Selling Partners and make them successful on Amazon, together with our Product Management and Tech teams.
To reach our aspiration, we need talented, bright, and driven people just like you! If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history by joining the amazing team at Amazon and to take a first step and building a brilliant career.
Amazon is seeking to hire a Key Account Manager in our team to help build our Automotive category by growing our top and most strategic Selling Partner Accounts through our Part Finder feature. You will join a high performing, learning-orientated, analytical team, who are motivated to work hard, have fun, and make history.
The successful candidate will combine Account Management with strategic thinking, and a hands-on attitude to guide Selling Partners to become successful on Amazon through the right product selection offering, delivery programs, digital marketing and promotions.
The Key Account Manager will also be responsible for using feedback from Selling Partners to identify opportunities to improve Amazon’s products, services, processes, systems and tools. They will possess strong negotiation and analytical skills, together with proven commercial nous. The ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task is a must, together with excellent project management skills and laser sharp attention to detail. They must also be an effective communicator, working with some of Amazon.com.au’s most important partners, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional leaders.
This role will have a high degree of autonomy and you will also be responsible for Program Management and Program adoption within the Automotive category, working closely with Product Management and Tech teams. You will work with various stakeholders and teams across the Amazon organization.
Our team operates out of our fabulous CBD office (conveniently located near many transportation options), and from home (during COVID-19) leveraging technology.
Amazon offers employees a competitive remuneration package, including participation in the company stock plan as applicable. We also look after our people with benefits, such as subsidized private health insurance, superannuation and paid parental leave options, amongst others.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Sydney, NSW, AUS
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 4+ years work experience
• Demonstrated track record of success in account management, business development or management consulting roles
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to explain complex concepts simply. Interested in new technologies, capable internet user
• Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work with wide range of people at all decision-making levels, including but not exclusive to C+ suite
• Experience solving analytical problems, either in professional experience (data analysis) or education
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
Ideally you will have:
• Experience in business-to-business relationship development and account management.
• Experience in program and product management, ability to initiative and invent business solutions to meet customer needs.
• Ability to work in a complex, cross-functional team environment (including technical, marketing, design and merchandising teams), chasing down and following up on dependencies, mitigating risks, and escalating when necessary.
• High attention to details and ability to simultaneously manage multiple, competing priorities.
• Sound business judgement, proven ability to influence others.
• Experience using CRM tools such as Salesforce to track all pertinent account information and sales progress.
• Experience using SQL and Python
• Experience within the Automotive industry is a plus but not essential
Acknowledgement of country:
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected attributes.