- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with a mission to be the earth’s most customer-centric company, a company that customers from all over the globe will recognize, value, and trust for both our products and our service. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in cloud technologies.
Incident Detection and Response (IDR) sits within the Escalation and Event Management (E2M) team, and is part of the broader AWS Support organization. The IDR team is dedicated to proactive alarm monitoring and incident management of critical customer workloads. E2M also manages critical escalations, customer facing communications, and handling large-scale customer impacting events. E2M’s purpose is to drive operational excellence and improvements to the overall customer experience.
*** Please note for this position, the core business hours of operation are from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM AEST/10:00 AM - 6:00 PM AEDT. Please only apply to this position if you are able to accommodate these core hours.***
Incident Management Engineers have a broad skill set with demonstrated career progression and a proven track record of delivering results. The successful candidate will possess strong analytical acumen, solid technology experience, superb business judgment, strategic account ownership and a propensity to dive deep to solve complex problems. You will also have a passion for creating/providing a world class experience for our customers. The candidate must understand the competitive and industry landscape and must have the leadership presence and communication skills to effectively work with customers at all levels of their organization. You must be a self-starter and able to execute at both a tactical and strategic level – with a strong attention to detail. This is a global role that requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and a passion and desire for leading the resolution of critical incidents. Your decisions are not only fundamental to helping protect our most critical customers but will help maintain the health of AWS customers worldwide.
Finally, you are passionate about technology with a desire to learn more and do more with AWS.
ABOUT THE ROLE
AWS Support is looking for a leader with a strong background in Incident Management and customer ownership to be there during the moments that matter for our most critical customers. We are looking for an Incident Manager to join our team to provide incident response and account ownership. In this position, you will play a pivotal role in providing communication, emergency response, technical resolver engagement and incident management for our customers.
Key job responsibilities
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges that include elements of:
- Drive the resolution of large scale customer impacting incidents as part of a team rotation
- Drive critical, complex customer escalations in situations that are sometimes technically challenging in collaboration with Engineering Teams.
- Provide critical incident response/management (including leading calls with internal/external participants) for customer’s critical workloads
- Contribute to Problem Records for customers
- Conduct continuous real-time proactive monitoring of customer metrics
- Prioritize, manage, and own emerging and developing customer issues from start to finish
- Monitor and manage communications during high impact events via relevant channels
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across AWS to improve the customer experience and develop mechanisms that support operational excellence
- Lead projects and remote teams to drive operational improvements
- Create and review documentation; design/influence new standard operating procedures
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues and own projects to drive improvements
- Mentor peers in your areas of technical and operational strength
- Perform other duties as required by the organization
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Melbourne, VIC, AUS | Sydney, NSW, AUS
- 5+ years demonstrable Major Incident / Problem Manager Experience for organizations that run mission critical applications
- 2+ years of experience in Support Engineering, Network Engineering, Solutions Architecture, or similar IT role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science/Technology, Communications Engineering, Business, or a related field (or 6+ years of relevant work experience)
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Industry specific accredited certification(s) such as the AWS Associate level certifications
- Familiarity with Cloud services with a focus on high availability and fault tolerant design
- Knowledge of ITIL/Lean Processes
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments
- Demonstrated critical thinking and logical problem solving skills
- Experience driving collaborative projects from conception to delivery
Acknowledgement of country:
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected attributes.