- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Amazon Web Services ("AWS") enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon’s industry-leading cloud computing infrastructure. We are looking for a Head of Strategy & Operations for AWS ASEAN to help drive long-term growth of the business. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on and motivated self-starter who is passionate about using data and has a track record of leadership to help us measure and run every area of the business and influence decision-making. In this role, the ASEAN Head of Strategy & Operations will develop and execute the ASEAN strategy, continuously evolve forecasting models, analyze historic results, and make business recommendations and decisions based on those analyses – all in an environment of rapid growth and increasing complexity. Considered to be the COO to the MD of ASEAN and a member of the AWS ASEAN leadership team, this role will develop, implement, and manage the business processes, systems, reports, and strategies that optimize business functions to meet organizational goals and initiatives. The ASEAN Head of Strategy & Operations will also work with cross-functional teams to own and drive the management of business cadences. In the fast growing ASEAN business, you will have the capacity to absorb and lead change through your direct team, as well as by earning trust and influencing others across the ASEAN business. The role drives improvements and updates to the reporting tools, methods, and processes utilized by the team to increase the availability and granularity of actionable data for our customers. This position also manages the initial proposal, administration, and execution of the region's targets and goals, headcount plans, including market segmentation, evolving and driving various demand generation campaigns, and proposing improvements to the business to increase its effectiveness in driving desired results. The successful candidate must be able to roll up their sleeves and work directly with models and data. You will be passionate about your work, detail-oriented, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. You will have superb communication and customer-relationship skills, outstanding analytics insight, and be a passionate advocate for customers to other internal stakeholders. Active collaboration with sales and functional teams will be crucial to the effective execution of these responsibilities. The successful candidate will help drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have a track record of building high performing teams, strong project management skills, and be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
Key job responsibilities
Your role will entail:
- Being a key partner of the Managing Director of AWS ASEAN, supporting or representing them when needed.
- Working with senior leadership to define ASEAN’s strategy and run the management cadence for the business.
- Collaborating on the design, development, maintenance, and delivery/presentation of forecasting models, metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions.
- Leading ASEAN-wide initiatives and be an active member of the ASEAN leadership team.
- Leading the initial proposal of annual goals, budgeting, and ongoing forecasting processes.
- Leading the development and provision of routine and ad-hoc analytics reports to senior management regarding Business Development initiatives, customer segment performance, and performance against goals. Ensure these reports contribute to business insights and decision-making, and minimize overall report burden.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Significant experience in a senior leadership role in Finance, Sales Operations, Business Development, or other related fields.
- Proven experience with the development and implementation of systems and tools utilized for CRM, sales compensation, revenue reporting, forecasting, Salesforce automation, etc.
- Strong business-process design experience.
- Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results.
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a track record of presenting to senior management.
- Experience working within a high growth, technology company would be highly beneficial.
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree.