- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Amazon has an immediate opening for a Technical Infrastructure Program Manager to support Network Deployment growth initiatives. The TIPM will lead cross functional teams to drive the implementation and deployment of the completed designs, develop and document requirements, budgets, and project schedules.
The ideal candidate possesses 5+ years of experience in technical infrastructure program management, plus experience managing complex and large-scale and technology projects. Experience in managing networking projects and / or datacenter rollouts is essential. A Bachelor's degree is required and demonstrated ability to lead others in a technical environment. Successfully delivering aggressive project deliverables while effectively multiple competing priorities is essential. Other requirements include proficiency with MS Office and Project Management Methodologies.
The successful candidate will be an exceptionally strong communicator both written and verbally, and will lead multi-discipline, highly technical project initiatives. The ideal candidate will have successfully managed multiple enterprise-scale infrastructure projects. Their experience includes datacenter networking technologies, as well as familiarity with software delivery, operating systems, server virtualization products, and datacenter automation tools.
Candidate must be comfortable managing remote project delivery teams, and possess the ability to facilitate technical whiteboard sessions to troubleshoot project implementation issues, and remove barriers to project success. The candidate can multitask and re-prioritize and effectively lead deliveries based on ever changing business needs. This candidate will be a self starter requiring little guidance, have a 'will get it done attitude' and can make decisions independently. The TIPM will be fully competent in project management tools and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of project management experience
- Experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management. Must be well organised and able to work effectively under time pressure. Proven ability to effectively manage project priorities and dependencies is essential
- Experience with data center builds, network engineering, systems engineering will be vital
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networks and datacenter operations
- Proficiency with MS Office and Project Management Tools
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, communication, and presentation skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience in the management of complex technology infrastructure projects
- Experience with and deep understanding of multiple project management methodologies.
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritizing skills