- Posted 29 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you would like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
Amazon seeks a Finance Business Partner/ Finance Manager to play a key role on the Amazon Payment Products Finance team, primarily supporting Amazon's Japan Consumer Payments team. The person will be part of a team responsible for long and short term financial planning, controllership of monthly financial reporting, developing and reporting on weekly financial and operational performance metrics, and providing analytical support for Senior Business Management. This position will be a key risk/controllership gateway for the payments business and requires a candidate with strong communication and leadership skills. A portion of the time will be spent on ad hoc analysis to support the growing business needs. The finance team works closely with the business teams, so any candidate should be able to work well with cross functional teams. The ideal candidate must have superior attention to detail, project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously. Strong analytical skills are required.
Ideal candidates will have the following strengths:
- Strong financial modeling skills, advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Strong business partnering experience.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills combined with the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- The ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable conclusions.
- Solid business judgment and controllership focus.
A day in the life
- Financial modeling to support deal negotiations
- ROI analysis for Marketing and tech development investments
- Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly reporting of performance KPIs and variance analyses
- Forecasting and Planning
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Tokyo, 13, JPN
- BA/BS degree required
- 6+ years of relevant finance experience
- Advanced Excel skills (pivots, lookups), including strong financial modeling skills
- Fluent level English communication skill
- Strong strategic business partnering experience
- Knowledge of SQL/ETL
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- Experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results
- MBA/CPA preferred
- Japanese language skills
- Ability to thrive and grow quickly in a fast growing company
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Proven ability to work independently in an ambiguous environment
- Relevant finance experience in a large, multinational organization, with world-class processes.
- Financial Services experience preferred
Please check the website below for measures to eliminate unwanted second-hand smoking in each facility:
The salary information can be provided individually prior to the 1st interview