- Posted 30 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
On the Business Partnership (BP) Team within Finance Operations (FinOps), you will find yourself working with multi talented and determined people committed to driving financial improvement, scalability, and process excellence. To support the growth of businesses at Amazon, this candidate must possess a good passion for accountability, setting high standards, raising the bar, and driving results through constant focus on improving existing and future state operations, systems, and processes. The candidate will be able to think big to create a long-term plan, but have good tactical skills to drive day-to-day implementation. They will be able to learn quickly and be willing to experiment with new ideas.
This role on the BP team will be a key driver of critical improvement initiatives, adopting a programmatic approach to the continued development of the FinOps support model. This includes driving ownership of key deliverables across these businesses, tech teams, and other stakeholders in order to implement scalable solutions. The role will use complex problem-solving skills, manage multiple high visibility priorities, and maintain a keen attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations.
- Drive program objectives – provide program management and define project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support.
- Scale services and tools – design processes and procedures that scale with the business’ growth in volume, complexity, and global geographic dispersion.
- Define key performance indicators – develop metrics and service level agreements for core programs and processes, and track delivery against program objectives.
- Communicate new/updated programs, policies, and processes to leaders, employees, and cross functional organizations.
- Collaborate and build relationships with system and business owners globally to ensure process excellence and the highest degree of controllership.
- Drive resolution of critical issues for vendors as well as support processes/systems deep dives to ensure root cause analysis and correction resulting in improved customer experience.
- Negotiate efficient and reliable processes and policies across partner teams to systematically eliminate dependencies and defects.
- Liaise with Financial Operations (FinOps) support centers to set near, medium, and long-term operational goals for improvements.
- Develop mechanisms to seamlessly support new program and tool launches worldwide.
- Identifying and evaluating financial and operational risks and opportunities both internal to Finance Operations and to the business, driving ad-hoc projects as required.
- Work cross-organizationally and functionally to identify key opportunities in process, technical, and human interfaces and developing and implementing plans to capitalize on those opportunities and measure and monitor progress and impacts.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bengaluru, KA, IND | Hyderabad, TS, IND
- 5+ years of tax, finance or a related analytical field experience
- 5+ years of multiple finance and accounting roles experience
- 6+ years of Accounts Receivable or Account Payable experience
- 6+ years of applying key financial performance indicators (KPIs) to analyses experience
- 6+ years of building financial and operational reports/data sets that inform business decision-making experience
- 6+ years of creating process improvements with automation and analysis experience
- 6+ years of participating in continuous improvement projects in your team to scale and improve controllership with measurable results experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, statistics or business, or Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of quantitative role (engineering, process re-engineering, quality assurance) experience
- 6+ years of identifying incomplete or inaccurate data, identifying the root cause and creating/implementing an escalation plan experience
- 6+ years of solving complex business challenges by delivering accurate and timely financial models, analysis, and recommendations that have a proven impact on business (e.g., financial savings, operational improvements, or customer benefits) experience
- MBA, or CPA
- Knowledge of SQL/ETL
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- Experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results