- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
At Amazon we are building a world class last mile operation, significantly complimented by Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex works directly with independent contractors – called delivery partners – to make deliveries to our customers. With Amazon Flex, individuals can now be their own boss delivering Amazon packages. Amazon Flex is powered by a mobile app that works in concert with our advanced logistics systems that allows delivery partners to onboard, schedule delivery times, guide them through their deliveries with in-app mapping and navigation, and more.
We are seeking experienced, passionate, dynamic, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Field Operations Managers in Melbourne and Sydney to help build our network of Delivery Partners and ensure that we are offering them the support to deliver on our customer promise. The successful applicant will work with functions that cut across the organization, including technology, transportation, operations, legal and customer service, to drive a great customer experience for our program. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast growing last mile delivery operation.
Two roles are available located in Melbourne and Sydney; the Melbourne role is aligned with the Southern region of our delivery station network, supporting stations in Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia; and the Sydney role with the Northern region covering Sydney and Brisbane. Travel between these regions as well as our Sydney office on a monthly basis is expected.
Key job responsibilities
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, passionate, highly analytical and detail-oriented, possess superior inter-personal and communication skills, and be comfortable working hands-on alongside operations teams in our delivery station network to drive safety, quality and productivity in a fast-paced environment. An extreme bias for action is an absolute must, and candidates must demonstrate a superior track record of delivering results.
• Continuously look for improvements to standardize and drive scalability in all Amazon delivery station and pick-up locations.
• Launch new last mile products and features, manage and coordinate large, complicated projects with multiple stakeholders including Product, Technology, Marketing, Legal, PR and Operations.
• Ownership of driving under-the-roof and on-road metrics, including safety, productivity and quality.
• Be responsible for completing site audits, reviewing key operational processes & area readiness. This involves site visits across Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia.
• Confidently conducting deep dive analysis alongside presenting corrective actions for weekly and monthly business reviews with senior stakeholders.
• Working with Business Intelligence teams to create robust reporting mechanisms in order to maximize operational visibility.
• Accountability for meeting and showing willingness to exceed operational goals.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Melbourne, VIC, AUS | Sydney, NSW, AUS
- 2+ years of program or project management experience
- Knowledge of Lean principles and DMAIC methodology
- Experience in MS Access and SQL
- Experience in requirement gathering and ability to write clear and detailed requirement document
Acknowledgement of country:
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected attributes.