- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Additional locations include: Adelaide, Melbourne, Australia
Amazon Web Services is continuing to pioneer in cloud services and is seeking an Industry Enablement Lead to deliver training, coaching, processes & industry enablement programs to equip AWS APJ field teams to better serve customers and grow the business. This role encompasses both designing project plans that will accelerate each industry-driven initiative and tactically implementing each program individually and/or in concert with cross-functional team members.
The successful candidate will combine a solid understanding of sales and marketing dynamics, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to synthesize vast information while making it usable amongst a diverse sales audience. This individual will work closely with the global and APJ enablement teams and other cross-functional leads, examining existing business practices and global assets while identifying and defining mechanisms that would result in time savings and increased sales effectiveness. Examples of the projects that will be driven by this individual include developing business enablement resources for specific sales verticals, supporting industry go-to-market motions, executing and driving ongoing learning efforts, and supporting programs that ultimately enable account teams to accelerate sales pipelines.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering APJ field teams. You will have an opportunity to combine a passion for problem solving, coaching and enthusiasm for technology to drive learning and establish positive relationships with new and tenured sales employees. You will also work closely with many stakeholders (Sales Leadership, Business Operations, Industry Subject-Matter-Experts, Project Managers, Technical Experts) to discover and meet the objectives of the organization.
This individual must have 7+ years of a combination of relevant experience serving sales and business development organizations and project management experience, in addition to strong written and verbal communication skills as well as exceptional presentation skills. Experience within organizations supporting direct sales experience is highly preferred.
Key job responsibilities
- Create, execute, and manage role-based sales, Business Development, Partner, and Technical learning sessions for account teams, supporting industry specific training needs;
- Use a variety of instructional strategies and delivery techniques, such as classroom and online learning to deliver engaging training experiences.
- For each initiative, develop a project plan and communicate strategy to leadership and executive stakeholders; fully own end-to-end progress against targeted objectives.
- Assist in the development and scaling of industry enablement activities throughout the year, working closely with colleagues to identify gaps within the team’s needs and design and implement projects to meet business requirements.
- Develop industry enablement resources while leveraging existing global resources for implementation and rollout of programs.
- Perform detailed industry needs assessments in collaboration with various stakeholders within the APJ teams. Translate business needs into clear project requirements that inform scalable and repeatable initiatives.
- Identify project roadblocks, research and present root-cause analysis, and manage resolution.
- Design and implement metrics to measure impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility of programs. Measure and report on the effectiveness of enablement investments through dashboards and recurring reporting mechanisms.
- Maintain scheduled deadlines, detailed training and initiative status reports to optimize management of projects across the APJ
- Support ad hoc special projects as needed
A day in the life
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
About the team
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments while working in a fast paced environment
- 7+ years combination of project management, sales enablement, direct sales, sales operations experience with increasing influence and responsibility.
- 2+ years of project management experience, including projects with multiple inputs and multiple stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker that can distill broad visions and concepts into develop structured plans, actions and measureable metrics to execute those plans and deliver benefits.
- Must be comfortable understanding global business needs and positioning solutions with sales and business stakeholders across multiple functional domains (e.g., sales, technical, operations, marketing, etc).
- Ability to assimilate to the team culture, and self-manage in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Able to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, possess a high level of self-motivation, and have an excellent work ethic
- Entrepreneurial skills with experience implementing new projects and concepts within organizations, working closely with senior level cross-functional stakeholders.
- Demonstrated project ownership and consistent delivery on commitments.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with ability to maintain high levels of accuracy in work products.
- Experience using sales or customer relationship management (CRM) tools such as Salesforce.com and various content/knowledge management systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Products (Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint)
- Strong understanding of core industry business segments.
- Excellent communication skills including, presenting, editing, and writing.
- Ability to be flexible and a good understanding of how to get things done in an unstructured and ambiguous environment