- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud spans 84 Availability Zones within 26 geographic regions around the world, with announced plans for 24 more Availability Zones and 8 more AWS Regions in Australia, Canada, India, Israel, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland, and United Arab Emirates (UAE). This makes AWS one of the fastest growing enterprise tech companies ever. Amazon’s AWS Data Centers (DC) are a major component of worldwide cloud-computing infrastructure and are industry leading examples of mission critical facilities.
AWS Engineering is responsible for the design of all architectural, electrical, mechanical, structural and controls systems within all of Amazon DCs world-wide. The team works directly with operations, security teams, field engineering, and construction management to implement designs that are functional, practical and innovative.
The team is seeking a Document Controller to become part of our global engineering team.
This is a fixed-term contract for 8 months (maternity cover).
Key job responsibilities
The Document Controller will be responsible for the following:
- Review all documentation being issued by the design team, including but not limited to narratives, drawings, sheets, etc.
- Controlling the numbering, naming, filing and formatting of all documents issued by the design engineering team.
- Developing and setting standards for engineering document control, and best practices. Drives process improvements across the organization.
- Developing document tracking processes
- Creating document lists
- Distributing and uploading all project documentation to assigned locations
- Ensuring all technical documents are uploaded
- Giving access to project folders for appropriate team members
- Acting as central point of contact for engineering drawings for APAC projects
- Keeping and managing database for all projects
- Other document administration related to engineering team
- Working with internal teams to understand project requirement
A day in the life
As a Document Controller you will be part of a highly creative and effective design team comprised of Architects, Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Controls, Information Communication and Telecommunications and Physical Security Engineers tasked with developing documentation tracking tools, reviewing every technical document, drawing or sheet being issued by the design team and storing it properly within the assigned document repository. You will be responsible for all of the project documentation being issued by the design team, and providing document guidance to all team members.
About the team
Engineers in AWS work to design resilient, cost effective DC facilities. We are responsible for achieving a world class uptime for our customers and drive to develop a fleet of buildings emphasizing security, safety, and efficiency, while finding new ways to meet AWS’s growing demand. We justify and communicate the technical decisions we make directly to AWS leadership and work hard to drive continuous advancements in our designs. Engineers on our team have the opportunity to impact changes in our current design, as well as establish design procedures and protocols for future systems.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 3+ years of program or project management experience
- 3+ years of working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams experience
- 3+ years of defining and implementing process improvement initiatives using data and metrics experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of Excel at an intermediate level (e.g., pivot tables & charts, multiple criteria lookups, nested logical/IF formulas, data cleansing, array formulas, etc.)
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- 3+ years of driving end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership experience
- 3+ years of driving process improvements experience
- Experience in stakeholder management, dealing with multiple stakeholders at varied levels of the organization
- Experience building processes, project management, and schedules