- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
*This is a 3-months full-time internship opportunity from May to August 2024.
**Applicants to this internship opportunity will need the work authorization for Singapore
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. Our internships offer exceptional opportunities for you to grow your technical and non-technical skills. From day one, you will be working with experienced colleagues who love what they do.
AWS Next Gen Internship Program – Singapore
AWS is looking to hire and develop the next generation of leaders for our organization. We are seeking talented and enthusiastic students who are passionate about solving business problems, innovating and building new processes, and leading high-impact initiatives. The Next Gen Internship Program allows you to gain exposure to the AWS business and our unique Amazonian culture through a rewarding learning experience. For this semester internship (May to August 2024), interns will be based in our Singapore office, and will be assigned to our ASEAN Cloud Sales Center (CSC) function.
The CSC is the Inside Sales organization of AWS and is focused on new customer acquisitions across ASEAN at scale. You will have the exciting opportunity to work cross-functionally and cross-geographically, as you collaborate with internal stakeholders across sales, operations, partner, and marketing teams, while being part of an entirely new concept at AWS.
As an intern, you will independently own a key business project that can drive business value, improving business or team productivity, or proposing new ways to serve our customers better or improve the customer experience, on top supporting tasks within your broader team. You will hone your leadership and presentation skills, and apply your creativity to innovate for our business. At the end of your internship, all interns will present their project learnings and proposal to a panel of AWS leaders.
Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate:
• Has interest and aptitude to learn about the cloud, is curious to learn and has a ‘can-do’ attitude with strong ownership
• Is able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Adept at problem-solving, and can come up with creative and innovative solutions
• Results driven with analytical capability to provide data-driven insights
• Able to handle competing stakeholder requests
Key job responsibilities
• Acquire new customer contacts, earn trust and engage with customers mainly through calls
• Qualify and create a sales funnel of opportunities and track in CRM (Salesforce)
• Educate customers on AWS products/services & evangelize key wins
• Collaborate with Account Managers (AM), Inside Sales Reps (ISR), and Solution Architects (SA)
• Collaborate with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
• Evangelize customer success stories
For this role, you will require:
• Ability to profile customers from various internal/external sources to attain key business contacts
• Ability to listen to customers, understand needs, and ask clarifying/probing questions to qualify opportunities
• Ability to think logically and structure answers, and ability to deal with ambiguity
• Openness and ability to learn sales automation tools (e.g. Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator) and processes
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
• Penultimate year student working towards a Bachelor’s degree
• Able to commit to a full-time internship from May – August 2024
• Expected graduation between Dec 2024 to Aug 2025
• Candidates must be able to legally work in Singapore
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Professional fluency in one of these languages: Bahasa Melayu, Bahasa Indonesia, Thai, or Vietnamese is highly preferred
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use Excel to provide data, and present recommendations and insights from that data
• Basic Python and SQL knowledge