- Posted 07 February 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Amazon Web Services (AWS) rapidly growing and is looking for a Data Center Technician to join our growing Infrastructure Operations team. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a fast-paced technology company and a data center industry leader. This position will contribute to the overall availability and reliability of data center operations in order to meet or exceed defined service levels. This position entails hardware and network diagnostics, physical repair, and participation in an on-call rotation, acting as first responder and following up with appropriate escalation action where relevant. All candidates must be able to work both independently and as part of a team. Prioritization of work, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are all necessary for success. Candidates will install equipment, create documentation, innovate solutions, and solve problems in the Data Center Space in addition to hardware and network repair. This team works in a 24-hour-a-day environment. Candidates responsible for the operation and management of both routine and emergency services on variety of critical facilities of Data Center.
Key job responsibilities
You remove customer constraints for IT Infrastructure capacity hosted in AWS Data Centers, engage in physical data center activities. This includes all tasks associated with rack deployment, rack cabling, hardware breakfix, software troubleshooting, and rack decommissioning.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Kuala Lumpur, MYS
- 1+ years of computer hardware troubleshooting and repair experience
- 1+ years of computer networking experience
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Engaged in physical data center activities. This includes all tasks associated with rack deployment, rack cabling, hardware breakfix, software troubleshooting, and rack decommissioning.
- Data center operation experienced.
- Understanding of basic network hardware, design, protocols and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshooting server hardware issues from multiple vendors.
- Scripting skills - Bash, Python, Perl, etc.