- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
AWS is looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Infrastructure Delivery Technician to join the Infrastructure Delivery Team, within the Infrastructure Operations organization. The Infrastructure Delivery Technician will work closely with both internal customers, external vendors, as well as coordinating regional resources, to facilitate smooth project execution, in a very short period of time.
An ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal English communication skills, and has significant experience in supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. The Network Technician will work closely with Global AWS Network Engineering & Network Technical
Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth rollout of new designs and products. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will possess strong team mindset to help other Infrastructure Delivery Technician with their tasks.
The candidate will be highly competent in all aspects of installation and troubleshooting of networking hardware, software and fiber connectivity, all combined with a proven project delivery methodology.
This position will provide the individual with high levels of autonomous work to drive the stability and sustainability of AWS next-generation networks and to assist in the delivery of a new AWS region.
Infrastructure Delivery Technician are expected to work with established best practices to refine operational procedures, develop new tooling and constantly think proactively and innovatively. The desire and ability to work in an ambiguous, collaborative environment is essential for success also to be able to deliver sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes always with an eye on improvement
Key job responsibilities
- Execute network project to meet company goals efficiently
- Complete customer requests via Web-based Ticketing system, troubleshooting using online tools, and reporting project status via multi-user portals
- Able to participate in migration, basic configuration and implementation of new or upgraded hardware with minimal supervision
- Support our Network Engineering & Network Technical Project Manager to ensure smooth implementation of network infrastructure and products.
- Deliver sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor Degree, Diploma or Higher Nitec in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Assurance
- relevant and/or enterprise experience as a network technician or engineer in a highly dynamic environment
- Intermediate TCP/IP networking knowledge and understand common networking terms as well as knowledge of network cabling, type of optic, and test equipment
- Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies, with experience in cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies
- Basic project management knowledge to collaborate with various stakeholders and to resolve project obstacles
- Strong prioritization and time management ability
- Experience working in a high security environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and troubleshooting cabling connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords
- Minimal overseas travelling may be required
- Professional certifications alike CCNA or JNCIA or relevant network related experience
- Experience with medium to large network projects that may encompass some form of complexity
- Possesses good judgement and analytical skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Basic understanding of major network product command line and common Networking Protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Background in hyperscale data center network implementations and support
- Working experience in virtualized enterprise networking environments
- Professional experience with IT best practice frameworks (PMBOK, ITIL, LEAN, AGILE) and standards is advantageous
- Ability to manage stakeholders in problem resolution and operate under pressure