- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
As we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company, Amazon has reinvented how hundreds of millions of people shop online – providing customers with the opportunity to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy and providing millions of sellers with a platform for growing successful businesses. We are looking for an exceptional business analyst to help us develop new ways to build trust and loyalty with sellers, a crucial component of our flywheel.
Sellers’ trust in Amazon is our top priority and in this role, you will be tasked with building that trust over time by diving deep into how we measure our progress and helping to identify and prioritize key areas of focus. Amazon’s growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new solutions, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and be able to create and maintain efficient & automated processes. They know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner effectively with business leaders to answer key business questions. They are analytical and creative, and don’t quit. This is a role with high visibility to senior leadership and with high opportunity for impact for those willing to roll up their sleeves and dive deep to achieve results.
Key job responsibilities
- Work with team leadership to understand the customer needs and concerns as well as define solutions.
- Translate basic business problem statements into analysis requirements. Work with internal customers to define best output based on expressed stakeholder needs.
- Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
- Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
- Write queries and output efficiently, and have in-depth knowledge of the data available in area of expertise. Pull the data needed with standard query syntax; periodically identify more advanced methods of query optimization. Convert data to make it analysis-ready.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines.
- Review and audit existing ETL jobs and SQL queries.
- Good communication and writing. Effectively communicates with both business and technical teams.
A day in the life
- Partner with Business Stakeholders to automate metrics and dive data to drive decisions that will support Sellers on the Amazon Platform
- Surface opportunities to drive process improvement, looking beyond the surface to understand what the data means for the team
- Participate in reviews with Global leadership spanning our six operations sites, from Arizona to Singapore.
About the team
Account Health Support exists to educate sellers on how to maintain there Account Health while selling on the Amazon platform. We provide support to these sellers to ensure they understand Amazon's policy and provide a delightful experience for our customers. The team creates a trustworthy selling experience to ensure that Selling Partners perceive Amazon as the safest and most effective store in which to sell their products worldwide.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 3+ years of business analyst, data analyst or similar role experience
- 5+ years of Excel (including VBA, pivot tables, array functions, power pivots, etc.) and data visualization tools such as Tableau experience
- Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
- Experience making business recommendations and influencing stakeholders
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Excel
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
- Experience in business or financial analysis
- Experience in customer segmentation, customer behavior analysis, conjoint/trade-off modeling