- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Legal team is seeking a talented and experienced energy and utilities attorney to support AWS’s work to continue building the world’s largest corporate renewable energy portfolio, solve cutting edge energy and carbon challenges, and more.
Amazon, including AWS, is committed to being powered by 100% renewable energy by 2030 and being 100% net zero carbon by 2040 – ten years ahead of the Paris Climate Agreement.
The successful candidate will have considerable transactional experience working on energy projects in Asia Pacific, including supply/transmission and regulatory matters, renewable energy project development, and demonstrated effectiveness negotiating energy-related agreements. Experience supporting energy public policy matters and disputes is a plus.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about technology and renewable energy, enjoys being continually challenged, and demonstrates sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
Some travel, domestic and international, may be required.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
• Licensed to practice law in Singapore, Australia, U.S., U.K. or other commonwealth jurisdiction
• 5+ years’ experience as an attorney supporting energy matters.
• Experience representing corporate customers in energy contract negotiations.
• Experience with renewable energy projects, grid connection agreements, and working with utilities.
• Experience advising on energy regulations.
A mix of law firm and in-house experience at an energy company or at a corporation with large energy needs is a plus.
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
• Excited and passionate about innovating on behalf of our customers.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.