- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from startups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS’s multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations also look to and depend on AWS for cloud solutions and services.
We have an immediate opening for a Contracts Manager to support the AWS World Wide Public Sector team focusing on Professional Services Globally, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region. This position is based in Singapore.
This position has a strong focus on pre- and post-award contract management. Responsibilities will include maintaining contractual opportunities and assisting in the formulation of contract policies, procedures, methods, operating practices, and small business subcontracting methodologies. You will participate in and oversee team review of all customer contractual and purchase documents, coordinate legal activities for contract/agreement negotiation and support competitive bid process in reviewing RFPs and ensuring ability for contract compliance. You will maintain contract records/files and manage, track and ensure compliance with all contractual obligations. This person will have a strong desire and ability to develop and implement tools and automation in contracting operations in order to increase efficiency and sales productivity. You will serve as a liaison to the sales team to assist in educating international public sector procurement officials on the AWS professional services program and advise them on contracting issues with respect to commercial terms and conditions as well as acquisition policy and regulations.
This position requires the candidate to have strong attention to detail, great follow through, ability to identify and drive global process improvements, coordinate between sales, operations and legal teams and be a great communicator to both external and internal customers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Key job responsibilities
A Business Contracts Manager must be comfortable with tasks similar to those below:
- Explaining AWS offerings and AWS's commercial sales practices, terms, and conditions
- Negotiating with customer contracts counterparts as needed, including government employees
- Reviewing terms and conditions and assessing compliance requirements and positions
- Digesting and summarizing sets of new requirements
- Documenting AWS compliance positions
- Drafting guidance and delivering training to internal customers
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 5+ years of developing, negotiating and executing business agreements experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience developing strategies that influence leadership decisions at the organizational level
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Experience interpreting data and making business recommendations
- Experience identifying, negotiating, and executing complex legal agreements