- Posted 25 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented commercial lawyer based in Singapore to support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the cloud computing and service industry providing IT services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, artificial intelligence and machine learning services, and more.
This Associate Corporate Counsel will primarily support AWS's sales and marketing initiatives, and report into a regional counsel in Singapore. The successful candidate will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on strategic technology service and similar agreements with enterprise customers and partners, and will support local and regional marketing, training and consulting activities. This Associate Corporate Counsel will also participate in other Amazon legal projects, including managing legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries, and working proactively with policy makers.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation will be based on experience and includes equity compensation.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Law degree from a reputable university or college.
- Admitted to practice in Singapore, Australia, UK, USA, or another common law jurisdiction. Candidates admitted in other jurisdictions with sound knowledge of relevant regional laws should still apply.
- Between 3 and 6 years of post-admission experience.
- Strong transactional background, with solid drafting and negotiation experience.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- In house experience at a technology company, or in a private practice technology group. A background in software licensing (including open source), web services/cloud computing or telecommunications is a plus.
- Familiarity with IT/technology licensing, outsourcing and services agreements.
- Understanding of intellectual property, competition & consumer law and privacy issues.
- Experience working in a customer focused sales and marketing environment is also valuable.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visithttps://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.