Being a working mom can be a challenging balancing act, as you are responsible for both your career and your family! It often requires a great deal of time management, organization, and resilience. Many working mothers struggle to find a balance between their work and family commitments, and may feel guilty for not being able to devote enough time to either one.
Working mothers often have to deal with the pressure of being perfect in both roles, and it can be difficult to ask for help or admit when things get tough. Additionally, they may face discrimination or bias in the workplace as they are still fighting against the stereotype of the primary caregiver being a woman.
Here are 7 useful “career hacks” for working moms:
1. Prioritize your time: As a working mom, you have limited time and it's important to use it effectively. Prioritize the most important tasks and delegate or outsource the rest.
2. Take advantage of technology: Utilize tools like virtual meetings and time-tracking apps to make the most of your time and stay organized.
3. Flexible schedule: If possible, try to negotiate a flexible schedule with your employer. This can help you balance your work and family commitments.
4. Network and collaborate: Building a network of other working moms can provide valuable support and resources. Collaborating with other mothers in your industry can also help you find new opportunities.
5. Self-care: It's important to take care of yourself, both physically and mentally. Make sure you're getting enough sleep, exercise, and time to relax.
6. Leverage your strengths: Reflect on your strengths and skills and try to find a career or job that leverages them.
7. Use your benefits: Check your company's benefits package to see if they offer childcare or other support for working mothers.
Mothers would say it themselves: Being a working mom is incredibly rewarding. It can provide financial stability, personal fulfillment, and the opportunity to set an example for your children. By showing them that you are capable of achieving your goals and taking care of your family at the same time, you can help them develop a strong work ethic and an understanding of what it means to be a strong, independent woman.
Half the Sky's mission is to supply the tools that can give every woman the ability to build a successful career and be fully prepared for the future of work. So, that they can lead a healthy, prosperous and more balanced/blended lifestyle of their choosing. By building your confidence, you’re setting foundations to empower yourself and your career. The world is your oyster, and it starts with you.
Enjoyed this article let us know your thoughts in the comments below:
About half the sky
half the sky (HTS) is a career platform for women connecting you to career opportunities at companies that care. Providing you with information, tips and strategies to navigate the rapidly changing workplace.