23 Productivity hacks all career women should know in 2023
Learning how to increase productivity is one thing that’s easier said than done. At times, for whatever reason, you may feel like you’re not at your most productive even if you think you’ve gotten rid of all the distractions around you!
Truth be told, there’s nothing like that feeling of accomplishment when you tick away those tasks in your to-do list. Disciplining yourself to work productively will help you meet those deadlines, reduce stress and advance in your career, leading you to a more succesful and fulfilling career. Though you can’t become the most productive person in the world overnight, you can certainly start with these tips!
1. Prioritize your to-do list: Start each day by identifying the most important tasks that need to be completed, and tackle them first. Make this a habit!
2. Use a calendar: Whether it's a physical planner or a digital calendar, make sure you have a clear overview of your schedule and deadlines. This way, you won’t forget a task, big or small!
3. Eliminate distractions: Identify the things that distract you most, and make a conscious effort to eliminate them. This could include turning off your phone, closing unnecessary tabs on your computer, or finding a quiet place to work. Better yet, you can temporarily turn off access to some of your social media apps that distract you during work hours.
4. Take breaks: It's important to take regular breaks to recharge and refresh your mind. Set a timer for 25 minutes, work on a task during that time, and then take a 5-minute break. Repeat this cycle throughout the day. Even the little breaks make a huge difference in your productivity.
5. Delegate tasks: Don't be afraid to delegate tasks to others. This will free up your time and allow you to focus on the things you're best at.
6. Use technology: There are many productivity tools and apps available that can help you stay organized, manage your time, and stay on top of your tasks!
7. Get enough sleep: A lack of sleep can negatively impact your productivity, so make sure you're getting enough rest each night. You may think you can run on a few hours of sleep, but you’ll see a huge difference in your energy and morale when you’ve gotten a lot of rest.
8. Keep a positive attitude: It goes without being said! Having a positive attitude can help you stay motivated and focused throughout the day. Little things like a morning cup of coffee or a delicious snack will help you to keep going.
9. Use the Pomodoro Technique: The Pomodoro Technique is a well-known, effective time management method that involves breaking down work into 25-minute intervals, separated by short breaks.
10. Take care of yourself: Make sure you're eating well, exercising, and taking care of your overall health and wellbeing. But don’t just do this for work! Remember that you need to take care of yourself in order to be well-rounded and balanced in all areas if your life.
11. Learn to say no: Sometimes, it's necessary to say no to certain tasks or requests in order to prioritize your time and focus on what's important. Taking on too many tasks at once may initially feel good, but you’ll find yourself feeling more stressed and making more mistakes in the process!
12. Set clear goals: Having clear, measurable goals will help you stay motivated and focused on what you need to do. And remember “S.M.A.R.T.”! All goals should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound.
13. Use the Eisenhower Matrix: The Eisenhower Matrix is a tool that helps you prioritize tasks based on their urgency and importance.
14. Take notes: Keeping a notebook or using a note-taking app can help you stay organized and keep track of important information. But be sure not to let it get messy, organize your notes into the relevant folders and place them where you need them to be.
15. Use the two-minute rule: We love this simple rule! If a task can be completed in two minutes or less, do it right away.
16. Track your progress: Keep a log of your progress and accomplishments to help you stay motivated and see how far you've come.
17. Take care of your mental health: Especially outside of work, make sure you're taking care of your mental health by setting aside time for self-care, talking to a therapist or counsellor, or practicing mindfulness or meditation. You can also take 5 minutes during the day to go on a meditation app and relax your mind for a bit!
18. Minimize interruptions: Try to minimize interruptions as much as possible by letting people know you're focused on a task, and setting aside specific times for meetings or phone calls.
19. Use the 80/20 rule: The 80/20 rule states that 80% of your results come from 20% of your efforts. Focus on the most important tasks that will give you the best results.
20. Use the ABCDE method: The ABCDE method is a way of prioritizing tasks by assigning them a letter grade based on their importance and urgency.