Due to the current COVID-19 health crisis, the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place and other practical difficulties associated with international travel, we are currently unable to extend offers to anyone who is not currently working/living in Singapore or whom we judge is unlikely to be able to start work for us in Singapore on our desired start date. Consequently, until further notice we will be prioritizing candidates who are in this location and whom we believe can start employment as expected in this location on our desired date. We're keeping the situation under review and we will adjust our position as relevant circumstances change.
About the role:
Cisco Webex is rapidly expanding its marketing and communications team across the Asia Pacific region and we are looking for phenomenal talent who can build on the amazing culture that makes Cisco the #1 company to work, globally. (Great Place to Work and Fortune)
The ‘Cisco Webex, Communications and Social Manager, will take the lead in driving the Webex value proposition to market via owned,earned and paid communications channels in the highly diverse Asia Pacific, Japan and China (APJC) region.
This is a dynamic role for proactive and results-driven communication manager who will work closely with leadership and as a part of Webex integrated marketing and communications team.
You will be planning, managing, executing and measuring program across the full marketing communications spectrum and working with teams across the world to help you achieve and succeed
This is a career defining role that gives you the ability to come in and make a big difference from Day 1, working with one of the worlds innovative technology companies in a market that is growing exponentially.
We can’t wait to meet you!
What you’ll do:
- Manage the communications and social strategies for Cisco Webex APJC and measure its impact against core business metrics.
- Build regional and country brand narratives that leverage global positioning and apply local relevance.
- Manage the media outreach program for the region covering mainstream, business and technology channels.
- Develop relationships with key media and industry influencers to help build and increase our regional media coverage.
- Create thought leadership, messaging, executive communications, blogs & social content that grows our SOV and advances our brand reputation.
- Own all Webex branded social media channels in APJC and liaise with other global social teams to ensure the “best in class” deployment in each market.
- Design and implement campaigns of varying scope on social channels (e.g. product launches, awareness campaigns, contests, etc.)
- Measure, test and report on social strategies and campaigns using analytics tools
- Manage editing, approval, and scheduling of all posts for all platforms
- Plan and oversee all paid social campaigns, including partnerships with influencers
- Conduct social media listening and social media monitoring using appropriate tools
- Stay informed about trends and tools in social media, marketing, technology and advertising
Who you’ll work with:
You will work with one of the most innovative and inclusive SaaS Sales and Marketing teams in the in the Asia Pacific Region. We are a close-knit group who are passionate about winning as a team and ensuring we have some fun on the way. This is a team that looks out for each other and will always be there to help you, no matter the situation.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related business discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in Asia Pacific market with a strong record of managing communications in a regionally or globally recognized company.
- Fluent in English with additional languages advantageous
- Strong understanding of the SaaS and applications market.
- A track record of translating business goals into communications goals, understanding audience perceptions, and crafting integrated communications campaigns in support of the company and region business objectives.
- Strong network within technology and business media across key regions.
- Experience working with agencies to support delivery of plans
- Experience in working closely with leadership to deliver on aligned communications KPI’s.
- Demonstratable understanding of the unique qualities, cultures and business acumen in APJC markets.
- Strong experience working on social strategy and content development
- You possess excellent knowledge of social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram & WeChat.
- Experience in managing and measuring the impact of brand and communications.
- Experience in giving counsel to senior executives; with the gravitas and credibility to influence senior management
- You are a stellar writer with excellent editorial and storytelling skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills are critical.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!