Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Part of the team building the next generation Finance platform
- Design and build applications using Hadoop, Spark, Java
- Knowledge on workflow systems like Camunda, JBPM etc.
- Knowledge on Kafka and related technology
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and implement new features
- Build micro-services using SpringBoot, single page application using Angular and others
- Implement core practice of Agile, leveraging cloud native architecture pattern using Test Driven Development (TDD), continuous integration/continuous delivery, in an on-premise or public-cloud environment, where everything is automated
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Work closely with the operation team to develop or enhance features in an Agile environment based on requirements from the business team.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by following good practices and habits while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Deliver consistent results and scale on new technologies faster
- Lead the team of developers (onshore/offshore)
- Own the Technical Architecture of Application and continuously improve overall design
- Bachelor’s degree in Computers or Engineering from a reputed university
- 8-10 years of proven software development experience. Good experience in design and build micro-services
- Hands on Java multi-threading, distributed architectures, Hadoop/Spark
- Solid hands on experience of Java/J2EE and framework such as Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Knowledge of build tools Maven and DevOps environment using tools such as Git (Bitbucket), Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and Continuous Deployment. Working with code quality tools such as Sonar, Fortify or exusIQ will be advantageous
- Strong experience in Agile methodologies and test-driven development
- Experiences in building microservices
- Experiences with PaaS e.g. PCF, OpenShift, and container technology
- Understand the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to build highly re-usable, performance optimized services
- Codes with security and data protection
- Knowledge of working in an Agile environment using tools such as JIRA
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Functional alignment for Finance Domain with focus on Performance Management & Customer Profitability is advantageous
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.