Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Drive big data architecture design within the team that will be implemented across several projects
- Work with key business and technical stakeholders to drive robust and effective big data architecture design
- Deliver solutions for online data extraction, data integration and data management.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of distributed computing platform and big data services
- Writing of documents that clearly explain how algorithms should be implemented, verified and validated
- Manage key stakeholders and explain design decisions in a clear and articulate fashion
- Lead and advise project teams in delivering enterprise projects, especially where big data is concerned
- Analyse and perform performance tuning for jobs and Queries.
- Mentor junior developers in the team to help them to adopt best practices.
- Review pull requests and give constructive feedbacks to the peers/junior developers.
- Write production quality code
- Experience in a field encompassing Distributed computing, Big Data Analytics, Data Transformation
- Relevant industry experience in cloud technology would be favourably considered
- Knowledge on Core Java / Scala preferably
- Hands on experience in Spark is must
- Hands on experience on HDFS (Hadoop), spark, impala, hive.
- Knowledge on database technology like MariaDB TX and X5
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Understand big data ecosystem for enterprise applications and is able to design data architecture that satisfies project requirements
- Able to perform Unix / Linux scripting
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.